Book 4, Part 043 : The Schemer Of The Scalding Sands

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Okay, training done!" Kalim quickly grabbed ahold of your and Helia's hand,"Now let's head off!"

Before you could question further, he was already dragging you both out of the lounge area, Grim hanging onto your shoulder for dear life.

"Wait, you've got other work to—" you heard Jamil attempt to divert behind you before he sighed in defeat.

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Maaaan, this place is fan-cy! Nothin' at all like the Ramshackle Dorm." Grim muttered, admiring the corridor.

"Hey, we're working on it, alright? After the holidays, we'll head into town to get proper furniture and decorations." Helia reminded the monster.

Kalim tilted his head a bit, smiling. "Is it that impressive to you? I know that back when I enrolled, dad said he donated a bit to the school to give the place a fresh coat of paint, but.."

Grim gaped. "Geez, how rich are you?! Are you some kinda prince like Leona?"

He shook his head. "The Asim's aren't royalty. I've got some relatives in the royal family, though."

"Wait, 'Asim'? I thought your name was Al-Asim." Helia said.

"'Al' means 'son' in the ancient language of the Land of the Scalding Sands." Kalim responded.

"So we name families after the founders that start them... and all the men of that line refer to themselves as 'founder's son'. In my case, Asim is our honored founders name and 'Al' means 'son', so Kalim Al-Asim means 'Son of House Asim'." He clarified.

"Well, that's quite interesting," you muttered.

"Huh. I never thought much about where names come from. Fascinatin'." Grim mumbled.

"I hope that wasn't too in depth for you? Anyway," he grinned,"Feel free to call me Kalim."

"Ooh! You guys should pay the Land of the Scalding Sands a visit sometime! I'd be happy to have you as a guest!"

Grim crossed his arms over his chest. "I bet you live in some kinda fancy mansion that's halfway to being a castle."

"Oh, hardly. We only have around a hundred helpers." Kalim casually stated.

Your eyes widened, Helia's jaw going a but slack.

A hundred helpers?! You thought.