-

Jungkook and Seulgi come outside to see them off and they create a group chat for the four of them to keep in touch and exchange their phone numbers.

Seulgi wraps Y/n up in a enthusiastic hug and laughing and she smells like candies and Y/n can’t help but feel a bit fond of Sana’s friends. She’s really going to miss them even if she’s only spent a few days with them.

Jungkook is a little more hesitant, awkwardly saying goodbye to Y/n until Y/n snorts and pulls the boy into a quick hug. Jungkook hugs her back tightly.

“You should come with Sana again next time.” Jungkook mumbles, pulling away. He actually looks a little sad and it makes Y/n’s chest ache in a bittersweet way. “I’m glad we got to meet. I feel like you understand me better than most people.”

Y/n’s eyes widen at Jungkook’s words, not having expected such a sincere statement from him. “Yeah, I really liked talking to you, too.”

Jungkook chuckles awkwardly and rubs her arm. They hear Seulgi laugh obnoxiously and both turn to look at her where she’s kind of play fighting Sana. Y/n’s eyes flicker between Seulgi and Jungkook, who is currently too busy staring at her friend to notice Y/n’s knowing gaze on her.

“You should listen to your own advice, Jungkook.” Y/n mumbles. Jungkook’s head snaps in her direction, eyes wide like a deer caught in the headlights. “You should sort this out if you don’t want either of you to get hurt. I… uhm, I’m talking from experience.”

“What?” Jungkook laughs. “No, Seulgi and me aren’t like that. We’re just friends.”

“Oh.” Y/n slowly nods her head. “Are you sure?”

Jungkook nods his head, too, but he starts to look a little crestfallen and he seems to curl into himself all of a sudden. “She’s my best friend, Y/n. I can’t.”

Y/n hugs him again, ruffling his hair. “It’s always best if you don’t keep your feelings bottled up.”

Jungkook breathes against her shoulder shakily and his eyes look teary and anxious when they pull away for the last time. “Thank you.”

“You’ll be okay.”

Jungkook gives her a watery smile before Seulgi runs up to them, pulling Jungkook into her side. The bright smile fades from her face once she takes a look at Jungkook’s face, worry replacing it comically fast.

“Kookie?” She mumbles. “You okay?”

Jungkook looks flustered and tries to hide his face but Seulgi isn’t having it, cupping her friend’s face to make him meet her eyes.

“He’s just sad because we’re leaving.” Y/n pipes up, smiling when Jungkook sends her a grateful look.

Seulgi tries to cheer Jungkook up, ruffling his hair and pinching his cheeks and Jungkook tries to act annoyed but it’s just so obvious, the way he looks at Seulgi like a lovesick puppy.

It almost hurts, watching the two of them act like that.

She wonders if this is how Sana and her looked.

-

Sana and her drive back in their respective cars, and they agree on not taking any breaks unless there’s an emergency since they both have enough gas and Y/n seriously has to give Lisa her car back.

So when Sana sends her a text an hour into the drive, telling Y/n to take the exit for the next gas station, Y/n frowns to herself but does as she’s told.

She parks the car on the parking lot and gets out, her arms curled over the open car door as she watches Sana park next to her and get out as well.

“Why did we stop?” Y/n wants to know, eyeing Sana warily when she starts approaching her. “We said no stops unless it’s an emergency so what—“