Chapter 2

While she listens to Sana’s admittedly soothing voice, she stops crying and even cracks a smile here and there. Her back is still facing Sana when the latter stops talking after what seems like hours. Y/n didn’t think it was going to work but she feels a little better now, the heavy feeling on her chest having disappeared as well as the lump clogging up her throat.

She clears her throat, wiping the remaining wetness from her cheeks. “Thank you.”

“Do you feel better?” Sana carefully asks. Y/n shuffles to turn around, looking up at the girl for a moment.

“I do.”

“Good.” Sana gives her a toothy smile. Y/n’s eyes are drawn to her pearly white teeth automatically.

“Your teeth look weird,” She blurts.

Sana’s smile falters for a second. She reaches up to her mouth. “Really?”

“Your canines are too long. Are they like… medically okay? And your front tooth is a bit crooked. There are invisible braces these days, you know, if you’re worried about your beautiful face.” Y/n honestly doesn’t mean to come across as an asshole but alcohol makes her do and say things she normally never would.

But to her luck, Sana doesn’t seem to be an easily offended person because she just shrugs her shoulders, smiling that much wider at Y/n. “But I’m still beautiful, right?”

Y/n shrugs, huffing slightly. “You look okay, I guess.”

“Just okay?”

“What?”

“Don’t you think I’m beautiful?”

The question catches Y/n off guard. Her eyes flicker over Sana’s features, her intense eyes, the shape of her dark eyebrows, the gentle slope of her nose. She has full lips and a sharp jawline. To be honest, Sana has got to be one of the most good-looking people Y/n’s ever met. But she can’t say that out loud without making a fool of herself.

“You’re asking me like you don’t already know.” Y/n snorts, fiddling with the hem of her shirt.

“But I don’t.”

“The guys in there couldn’t keep their eyes off of you.”

Sana blinks at her. “Maybe. I’m asking for your opinion though.”

“Why do you care about my opinion?”

“Why do you question everything?” Sana asks back. “Can’t you just answer?”

Y/n feels herself shrink at the question. Sana doesn’t sound angry or annoyed but she manages to make Y/n like shit anyway. She knows she can be annoying as hell with her constant questions but it’s not really something she can control.

Before she can open her mouth to answer, the fire escape rattles once again, a girl cursing as she steps out of the window to join them. Sana and Y/n both turn around to look who it is.

“Here you are,” The girl groans, looking at Sana. Y/n doesn’t recognize her. “Girl, we’ve been looking for you everywhere. What the hell are you doing here?” Her eyes flicker to Y/n. She looks Y/n up and down once, something like a scowl appearing on her face. “Made a new friend?”

She makes it sound like a joke. Like the thought of Sana befriending someone like Y/n is funny. Y/n tries not to feel hurt by it.

“Shut up, Ryujin.” Sana sighs, her eyes flickering to Y/n as if to check that she’s okay. “What do you want?”

“Come back inside!” Sana’s friend rolls her eyes. “Jisoo wants to introduce you to her friend. You know, the hot one with the built-up body we saw at the party last weekend—”