Chapter 35

It’s a repetition from the night before, and two hours into the party the cake from before feels like a brick of stone in her stomach.

Y/n isn’t purposefully avoiding Sana, she really isn’t.

The only reason she sticks with her friends throughout the night is because… it’s because whenever Sana so much as looks at Y/n, Y/n can feel Roseanne’s gaze on her.

And it’s not even like Sana’s friend is acting possessive or jealous, no, it’s so much worse.

Y/n can see the confusion and hurt in Roseanne’s eyes, can tell that it’s breaking her heart once she slowly starts to put the puzzle pieces together.

She shouldn’t care, she doesn’t even know that girl, but something about Sana’s behaviour, her always checking if Roseanne is looking before she decides to talk to Y/n, her not telling Roseanne about them makes question marks pop up in Y/n’s mind.

Like right now; Sana and her are talking, their hands subtly touching between their bodies but Sana keeps checking on Roseanne, her attention not entirely on their conversation and Y/n feels lost and slightly upset.

“You don’t have to talk to me if you don’t want to.” Y/n frowns, pressing her lips together tightly when Sana turns to face her with widened eyes. She shakes her head, looking at a loss for words.

“No, Y/n of course I want to—”

“Sana?”

Sana completely sweeps Y/n’s words under the rug just so she can turn around and include Roseanne into their conversation, seemingly not realizing how damn uncomfortable both parties feel as soon as their eyes meet.

Y/n excuses herself and puts her drink down on the counter, not wanting to get even more drunk and do something stupid, whatever that might be. Sana opens her mouth to stop her from leaving, but in the end she stays silent and lets Y/n go.

Things are tense and Y/n is not feeling good; adding alcohol to the mixture doesn’t seem like the best idea.

She pushes past the people gathered in the living room and is about to walk outside into the garden when a hand stops her from doing so.

“Are you okay?”

Y/n gives Jihyo a curt nod of her head. “I need some air.”

Jihyo’s eyes flicker over her features, scanning her and quickly analysing the whole situation. “What’s going on with Sana and her friend?”

The question feels like a jab to her stomach. Y/n shrugs her shoulders. “I have no idea.”

“Y/n.”

Her shoulders sag, and Y/n leans against the wall, tilting her head back. “She has feelings for Sana. I-I’m pretty sure that’s what’s going on.”

“Shit.” Jihyo puffs out her cheeks, eyeing Y/n carefully. “Let me guess, she doesn’t know you and Sana are a thing?”

Y/n shakes her head. Jihyo lets out a humourless chuckle.

“This is a fucking mess, Y/n.” She says. “Like those dramas Jeongyeon and Dahyun always watch.”

“I know.”

“You guys need to come clean. The atmosphere is really not cool right now and I’m not a psychic or something, but I feel like shit’s going to blow up.”

“I was going to ask Sana out tonight. Like… officially.” Y/n shrugs, her chest hurting a little when she thinks about how Sana’s been ignoring her the whole night in order to give her full attention to Roseanne. “But she’s different with her friend around. I don’t really know what’s wrong.”

Kalonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें