(13)

It had been a few months since Hiccup and co. joined forces with the hunters, and they were already widely trusted as healers for dragons and humans alike. Hiccup had also shown the hunters ways of calming dragons, so people got hurt less often, such as a tall grass he had labeled Dragon-nip, and using light reflected off of metallic surfaces to lead dragons into cages from a safer distance, or carrying eels to ward off dragons. In the process, he had gained quite a bit of popularity, and he didn't really know how to react.

All things aside, they've been enjoying their time with the hunters, and it made them happy when a new alliance was formed. So when the chief and his three companions were set to arrive, they waited with Viggo, Ryker, Dagur, and Krogan at the docks. "Why do they have to be here?" Krogan asked, lightly glaring at the dragon riders. "Says the man who always fails to do his job  right." Hiccup spat back. Him and Krogan had been at each other's throats over the past few months. They constantly sent jabs at each other. Krogan had started it, and Hiccup was willing to finish it if he needed to.

A small ship appeared in the distance, and as soon as they saw it, Hiccup and Snotlout felt nothing but dread. It had been over a year since they had seen a ship like that. "Hiccup..?" Snotlout's voice wavered with panic. "Yeah, I know. Go back to the tent, and take Toothless and Hookfang with you." Hiccup said, leaving no room for argument, so Snotlout just nodded and left with the dragons. The four hunters suddenly felt much more tense than before. Hiccup isn't afraid of very many things.

The ship reached the dock and four people stepped off the dock. A large man with red hair and a thick beard having a large warhammer on his back, a teenage girl with blond hair in a braid carrying a nice sized axe with her, a shorter man with ratty black hair and a sword at his side, and a blond man with a long mustache who was missing a hand and a foot. "Hello, and welcome to our island." Viggo said calmly, hiding his nerves. "Hello." The red haired man said brashly. 

"You ok Hiccup?" Dagur asked, knowing exactly who the people talking to Viggo are. "I'm fine. I just wasn't expecting to see them ever again." Hiccup said, his face appearing blank, but his eyes showing despair. Dagur sighed before pulling Hiccup into a comforting hug. They pulled away when they heard a shocked gasp. They turn to see the blond man staring at Hiccup with watery eyes. Hiccup smiled at the man.

"Hello Gobber." He said softly, earning a smile from the overweight man. "Hello Hiccup." He said back. That's when the blond girl and the red haired man noticed Hiccup. "Hiccup?" The red haired man asked in disbelief. Hiccup's face fell into a much colder expression, as he looked at the two. "Stoick, Astrid." He greeted them dryly, no emotion leaking into his voice.