(Special story#2): Messiah's Love(part1 revised)

Start from the beginning

"Well, it can't be helped, even I can't beat him. Yes yes."

He smiled while nodding in agreement with what he said.

"I'm sure everyone will agree with me, since I'm just a Novice Hero. And the player who becomes a Novice Hero role is not necessarily able to defeat a demon with the rank of noble, not to mention a King rank demon!"

He said again as he remembered a fantasy video game he once played on his original world called Dragon Quest.

Masayuki was about to walk out of the great forest and planned not to return to the town whose the chief had given him a heroic task earlier.

*HISSSS*

However, whether it was a coincidence or not, he heard a sound like the hissing of a snake which made his steps stop.

Again, whether it is possible that he forgets or pretends to forget, every time he accepts a heroic task or request and wants to run away because of his cowardly habits, there will definitely be something like "fate" or "coincidence" that makes him unable to run away from his heroic task.

In short and easy to understand, he cannot escape his absolute destiny as a Hero, even if he is a coward who pretends to be brave.

Masayuki weakly looked behind him and it shocked him so much that he paled.

Behind him, he saw a giant snake with dark purple stripes throughout its body, thick dark-ebony scales and spikes running from its head to the tip of its tail.

It wasn't just a low-ranked ordinary black giant snake, judging by the size and color of its scales... this giant serpent had just completed its evolution to a higher rank.

Which means...

"AHHHHH!! WYRM!??"

Masayuki shouted in great shock and fear, instinctively darting forward at full speed.

The Wyrm, or the alias of the "Serpent King", is a superior and parallel evolution of the A- disaster rank Tempest Serpent, while the Wyrm recently reached the A+ disaster rank.

Masayuki ran at full speed and tried with all his heart to speed up more, but he didn't realize that this huge wilderness forest was not like any other forest. The Great Jura Forest is famous for so many natural traps, not to mention that this great forest seems to be a natural labyrinth.

He had run in the wrong direction. Apparently, he ran deeper into the great forest and away from the exit.

Masayuki tried to resist the urge to look back, even though he knew the wyrm was after him since he clearly heard the slithering and dragging of the snake's body behind him.

It wasn't until he surrendered to that urge that he looked back and that's when he regretted his actions.

The wyrm was suddenly accompanied by a group of Giant Bat-type monsters, even though it was daylight today.

"OH COME ON, WHAT THE HELL??!"

He shouted in complete disbelief.

The race between him and the monsters continued until he reached and entered a cave. The cave was filled with bright azure blue crystal stones of various sizes.

After reaching inside, Masayuki's right foot suddenly tripped over a stone on the floor of the cave, which made him fall to the ground.

"Argh!"

He groaned in pain then quickly glanced behind him and really hoped the monsters weren't there.

Mercifully, his expectations and hopes were met. The monsters were no longer behind him, they were far behind.

He managed to escape from the monsters...for a while.

Masayuki let out a sigh of great relief, he even thanked any Gods in this new world in his mind.

With his knees still on the ground, he examined all the corners of the cave in awe of the beauty and uniqueness of the cave.

Until his eyes caught a glimpse of a person sitting on a throne that appeared out of nowhere.

He looked ahead and at that moment his eyes widened with a feeling of being stunned by what he was witnessing.

In front of him, there was a maiden who had graceful bluish silver hair and had a face so gorgeously that he felt his heart skip a beat just by looking at her face.

The maiden was also seen sleeping while sitting on a throne surrounded by several beautiful blue crystals that were almost the same color as her hair.

She looked like a painting. That's what Masayuki thought.

Masayuki looked at her in awe and just by looking at her, he forgot about the wrym and the giant bats chasing him earlier.

"Why...why is there a girl here? In the middle of this great forest?"

He asked himself as he came closer to her.

*CRAACK!*

As he approached, he suddenly heard a cracking sound.

And that's when, the maiden's eyes suddenly opened and revealed a pair of bright golden eyes that were so charming that Masayuki blushed as he dropped his jaw in surprise and bewitched by her beauty when the eyes opened.

--\ Credit to the artist on twitter that called "Mad17468233"/--

Masayuki was stunned once more by her beauty which became more and more mesmerizing when her eyes opened, while the girl looked at him in confusion as if she knew him...but where?

The two of them were still staring at each other until suddenly a reptilian hissing sound and the sound of flapping wings was heard.

Masayuki who woke up from his reverie quickly looked behind. And unfortunately today, it's the monsters from earlier, the Wyrm and a bunch of giant bats.

"Damn, it's them again!"

He growled in annoyance, gritting his teeth.

"What should I do? What should I do? What should...I.....do....?"

He thought very deeply and anxiously but started to slow down as he glanced back at the girl.

If he was alone he could run away without a fight but, if there was a girl who seemed defenseless to him to left alone...it would be impossible to make the decision to run away.
.
.
.
Masayuki has been a coward since he was a child and always wants to run away from danger or trouble....

However, despite that, he never wanted nor was he willing to see innocent people suffer just because of his cowardly habit of being afraid to face danger or trouble.

And with that, he is willing to fight anything, whether it's a monster or a demon.

"Alright then..."

Masayuki took out his sword from its sheath. The sword was actually a gift from a certain king from a certain kingdom to him because of some misunderstanding situation.

He then drew his sword towards the Wyrm while trying to block its with his own body from approaching the girl behind him.

___________________________________

--\ Adios/--