Chapter 8: Past in Present

I just realized I haven't taken a bath today.

"No...", I said.

Pete: I will get your luggage and all your things from your home to my place, and for now, come with me, take bath, have some food then leave for work.

I: I think I should not live at your Place, Sanaira won't like it, it can be impactful to your relationship.

Pete: What! Relation, I and Sanaira are just working at Felicinzer, which is Tedom's own startup, that's it.

I: Don't fool me, I saw you guys getting engaged.

Pete started laughing.

I: What! I saw.

Pete: Did you see me wearing her ring? He showed his hand, there was no ring.

I: Did you end the engagement?

Pete: I never did that, I don't know what you saw, You know Samay, Samay, and Sanaira were getting engaged, I was there.

I: What! It has been two years since they are broken up, and you are saying last year, they got engaged, also I saw you were standing with her, with the ring.

Pete: I don't know about their breakup, but, I was there because I had to give a ring to Samay so that he could make her wear his ring. That engagement was organized by one of our companies and as I was new, to learning more, I organized that.

I: But it was our engagement venue too...

Again a weird and unpleasant silence.

Pete: Well! Was the timing the same?

I: No, Our Engagement was scheduled after one hour.

Again silence. Neither I said nor he said anything, understanding the fact that, not only I but he also struggled in this one year, as he could not even easily define who is a friend and who is not because of his amnesia. Memories are important to define the characteristics of the person, who the person is, for real. We reached his Place. I went inside and took a bath. Seriously, after bathing, it gave me a perfect feeling, I was feeling so good. I came outside and saw all of my clothes, I changed and came out, he has prepared lunch, I was very hungry, as I haven't eaten anything since morning. I started eating.

I: Don't you think if we share the same room, it would be weird and...

Pete: Wait! Same room why, there are many rooms, you can use any one of them. I never meant to make your stay in the same room.

I: Oh! That's good.

Pete: Don't tell me that you want to ....use...same room, see if it is so....then ... I have no problem.

His eyes met my eyes, it was embarrassing and I was shy,

"No! Never, I don't mean to say that", I said.

I am in a hurry, I have to leave. I stood up and left.

Every time, I just keep thinking about him, and everything is repeating, I know, it is not possible this time.

I reached the venue, and the venue was so beautiful, no doubt.

A girl with curly hair came to me: Are you Maarie?

"yes I am", I said.

"Hi! I am Anaya, I am the bride, I wanted you to organize my wedding. You remember, Nyat from the football team, you organized his wedding, it was so good, at that time only, I decided that you will organize my wedding too", she said.

"Okay okay, that's great, tell me if you have any ideas and requirements, and I will organize accordingly", I told her.

We chatted for some time.

I went inside the venue, it was like some only monument with new architecture,...

"Sohai, I told you, you can come anytime, it's your friend's wedding". I listened to it from another side wall.

I went there, it was Samay.

"Were you talking to Sohai, is this Sohai from PKU University?", I said.

"Well I don't know, she is Anaya's friend, she just called me because Anaya didn't pick up her call, it seems like Anaya is very busy with her wedding", he said.

My complete focus was on solving the case and the loop we were going through.

"Can I ask you something?", I said.

"No! If it is going to be related to me and Sanaira then no, else you can ask", he said.

I: Are you engaged?

Samay gave me a weird look and raised one of his eyebrows.

Samay: No, At this current point I am not engaged with anyone.

I: It means you were engaged earlier?

Samay, Yes, but six months back, we broke it.

I: Are you dating someone or...

Samay: I think we are not as close as the questions you are asking.

He started leaving, and then he stopped and turned around.

I: I am single right now.

Then he left.

I was so embarrassed about what he would be thinking about me, I won't be able to face him for at least one week.

I organized many things and discussed them, it was evening, so I decided to leave.

"Oh! Samay is here, I need to change my path", I turned to change my path. But

"Marrie, come here," he said.

"Are you ignoring me?", he said.

"No, actually, I just realized that I forgot my phone so I was going to take it," I said.

Samay: It's in your hand.

I: Oh yes! Thank you, I have completed today's work, and will come tomorrow, well will you tell me where Anaya is, I just saw her today once.

Samay: She will be busy with her fiance. I can give you her number.

I: Yes, Please give me her number, I want it.

I took her number and left.

I reached Pete's home, which is my home for a few days until we got everything clear.

Pete was not at home, so I cooked some food.

Doorbell rang. It was Pete. I opened the door, He came and went to his room, and after that, we sat for food. I told him about Samay's engagement

Pete: Is it relevant?

I: Yes, I think everyone is connected, Tedom, Sanaira, You, me, Sohai, ...everyone, who was there on that day, who was at that time, everyone is connected.

Pete: Let's write their name on a board and try to find it.

We finished the food and wrote all the names on the board.