"Griphook was in the process of depressing me before the two of you came down," Kereston announced with a sigh.

Griphook shrugged. "She was saying how she wanted to hire goblins and elves to work in the Ministry if she ever becomes Minister."

"I hope to become Minister," Kereston corrected gently. "I can't afford to say IF."

Griphook ignored the comment as he continued. "I told her that will never go over. No other wizards will be willing to give goblins or elves that much power. Elves belong in the home and goblins in the bank, no matter their greater power...and actually because of it."

"But after Voldemort, they should be willing to see that we need greater forces on which to draw if such ever happens again," Kereston protested and Griphook shook his head.

"Their fear shall always be greater than their good sense," he assured. "They'll never change unless they must." He set Kereston with a thoughtful glance as he placed his fork on his now empty plate. "Now if you can arrange for a reason that forces them to change, you may accomplish something."

"Like what," Kereston asked.

Griphook shrugged. "I have no idea. Something to make them a little helpless, I suppose. Or something that they fear more than they fear goblins and elves."

Kereston frowned. "Whatever they could fear more, we probably don't want around anymore than they do."

"Valid," Griphook nodded. "So helpless then?"

Kereston stared into space for a moment, fork tapping idly on the shell of her nearly empty stuffed crab. "They would only feel helpless if they had no magic, but that's impossible."

Griphook started, eyes widening for an instant. "Well," he said, then hesitated.

"What," Kereston demanded eagerly and Kreacher and Regulus leaned forward in their chairs, also eager for whatever the goblin seemed so reluctant to impart.

"This doesn't leave this room," he said. "You must swear it, because if it reaches the wrong ears, the goblins would be in far more trouble than they ever were in any of the wars they had with wizard kind."

"Of course we won't breathe a word," Kereston promised and Kreacher and Regulus nodded in agreement. Griphook glanced at the children, who also nodded, just as eager to hear a secret.

"My nephew is attempting to perfect a potion," Griphook said slowly. "He calls it the Stripper potion, because...if he manages to perfect it, when ingested, it will literally strip a person of their magic."

"So it would be all too easy to overthrow the government if we wished to make a new and better one," Kereston said slowly.

Griphook nodded. "If we dare. If I have your backing, I certainly dare, and I am sure I can bring enough goblins with me who are tired of being under the heal of the wizards."

"Are you ready to work as equals, though," Kereston asked. "You'll not try to overthrow us? Because it's a government of equals that I'm after. A fair distribution of power, and a variety of powers that compliment one another at that."

"Of course," Griphook assured, meeting her gaze directly. "I do like a few humans, so I know you aren't all bad," he quipped. "Magritte Snape is one of my best friends, and you're alright. You have a good sound head on your shoulders along with the gumption to use it. Trust me, in humans both are rare."

Kereston gave a short laugh. "That's about the oddest compliment I've ever gotten, but I'll take it."

"Good," Griphook replied. "So are we going to do this?"

Kereston nodded slowly. "I think so. But we must do it right," she hastened to add. "Otherwise we're so in for it!"

"You don't have to tell me that," Griphook said dryly. "Not after all my people have gone through. WE have plenty of time to gather our forces, because my nephew is still perfecting the potion as I said. It could take years."

Kereston nodded. "Good. We'll need years to find enough trustworthy people to assist us in this if we are to succeed."

"What about you," Griphook asked, suddenly turning to Kreacher.

Kreacher blinked. "What? What about Kreacher?"

"Well, we are speaking of building a new magical society in which goblins and elves stand as equals with wizards and witches. I am here to gather goblin forces, but what of the elves? I should think you'd be best for that."

"For what," Kreacher asked, still somewhat uncertain of what precisely Griphook was after.

"You are the strongest most aggressive elf that I know. The elves shall need someone to lead them, to rally them to action. Are you willing to stand up for the betterment of your people?"

Kreacher did not answer right away. He was too busy thinking. He didn't think well of most elves. Most of them were silly and empty headed. One would never know that many of them were stronger than wizards what with the ridiculous simpering way they carried on. But then again how much of that was their fault? Some had hope more than others, he supposed. His own elves were of good solid stock. The Zabini elf seemed strong enough, and the Lestrange elf, and there were a few others, he was sure. "Kreacher will try," he said slowly. Griphook gave a pleased smile.

"Excellent."