Chap. 12

Y/n's POV

The bear growls and snarls in my face and I back up to hear the cub giggling again. "Really?!" I mutter to myself and run around the bear to Garth's direction. We run to a dead end, the cliff and in the distance a loud whistle. I turn and see what I assume is the train. "Garth, train," I say and he looks over to confirm. "Okay, it's one bear, we can take it," he says. "Are you kidding me? We can't take that thing!" I yell panicking. Just then two more bears show up. "Okay we can't take them," he agrees and continues backing away.

There was no way around the bears so our only option was to continue backing away, which eventually left us on a very unsturdy tree on the edge of the cliff. A black bear tried to climb on aswell but its body weight had made the tree more unstable so instead it was shaking the trunk. And then it got to the point that shaking it wasn't enough so it stomped on the trunk and we lost balance almost falling off. Luckily we held onto the edge but the bear continued stomping. Finally the tree fell along with me, Garth, and the bear. 

We collieded with the ground and slid down the snow. While the bear tried to kill me, the tree had decided to try to smash Garth, that is until it broke almost hit me, but then half the trunk came sliding down and I remembered Humphrey's trunk sledding and I hopped on. I wasn't the best but I had sled a few times with the gang. The bear then started hitting the trunk making it spin but I finally caught up to Garth.

"Garth! I have another crazy idea!" I yelled and saw him look over and chuckle. "Need a ride?" I asked and he smiled but the bear came between us. "I'm gonna jump!"he yells and I immediately protest. "Garth, that bear is going to hit you!" "Come on, trust me!" he yells and I slowly nod. He gets into a stable position and jumps and miraculously makes it on the trunk. "I told you that you could trust me," he smirks and I roll my eyes. 

We dodge many obstacles and finally make it to the train, or more like we crash landed inside the train right as it passed by. "We did it!" 

Kate's POV

"Humphery, where are u taking me?" I ask annoyed. "Nowhere in particular, I just thought you should relax, we've been looking all day and you're the most stressed," he answers. "Humphrey I told you, I don't have time to play," I sigh. "Kate, I'm telling you to relax, we'll find them and when we do I'm not sure Y/n will want to see that look on your face, nor Garth," he insists. "Since when do you care about Garth? Either way you're right, I guess I just need to relax a little," I sigh. "It's a beautiful night," Humphrey prompts and I look at the sky. "It is," I nod and turned to see him staring at me. 

"Kate, I-," he starts and shakes his head. "Sorry, forget that," he sighs and looks away. I scoot closer and sigh contentedly. Then he starts humming softly which turns into a quiet howl. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Oh, I'm sorry, the moon, the moment, the- nevermind. Just, howl with me?" 

Y/n's POV 

"Today was sure eventful," I laugh nervously. "Yeah, did you see that bear go flying?" Garth mentions chuckling and I giggle. "We're finally going home now, huh?" I sigh and look out to see the moon shining beautifully. "Yeah, home," Garth sadly says. "You don't seem very excited," I pause. "I'm just tired," he replies boredly, and came over to sit by me and look outside. "These past few days have been pretty fun though, I can't lie. Even though we almost died multiple times," I laugh softly.

(I am literally so sorry but this is the worst absolute way to write this ever T^T, I can't put a video down so work with me here T^T) (Also if you want to just watch the video of them singing watch the Humphrey and Kate one, its longer and it just sounds better in my opinion)

Garth starts squirming next to me and looks flustered. "What's wrong?" I ask and he looks away with no reply. I shrug it off and look at the moon again and start howling. "Y/n?" Garth calls and I immediately stop. "Oh my gosh I'm sorry, I- it was just-" I stutter embarrassed. "No need to apologize, it was beautiful," he interrupts and I hide behind my tail. He then sings his shrieking bird stunning howl. "Oh, um-" "It's not that good is it?" he pauses chuckling, and looks away and squirms again. "Did you, want to howl?" I ask with a soft smile and he barely nods. 

"Try matching pitch with me then," I offer and howl and he utterly fails. We try a few more times and he went to hide in the corner. "Garth, I have another idea," I say and he slowly comes back and sits up. "Take a deep breath and try howling from here," I say and point to his heart and he pauses. "I don't see how it will help," he says. "Just try and I'll jump in," I say and smile softly and he nods. 

Then he howls beautifully. A stunning melody, I was lost in awe. He looks back at me and smiles happily and howls again, nodding his head for me to join. I quickly joined him again and howl along to his melody. The scene felt magical, just the two of us, howling together under the moon. And even with my eyes closed, even entranced in song, I could feel him gazing at me in awe.

982 words. I tried the howling scene but I wanted to make it magical but I'm so bad at describing I'm sorry T^T. As an apology, accept two chapters in one day, a third one might possibly be on the way. I'd also say that maybe 1-3 chapters will be left so we're almost at an end here.

 I might try doing the other movies but they focus more on the kids so.... also I will take any requests, I know I'm slow but school is almost over and I'll have an entire summer. I'll literally do anything except smut stuff

Have a good whatever it is for you right now!

Don't forget to sleep, hydrate, and eat!!

April 6, 2023