Chap. 11

Humphrey's POV

"Y/n where did you go?" I quietly muttered to myself. Kate was worried sick with her sister and barf being gone so I literally looked all night to find them but no signs. Something tells me that something bigger is going on that Kate is stressed about too. Responsibilities? What does that even mean? Why was she meeting up with that moose guy anyway?

I looked out past the valley and sighed when I had nothing to show for my sleepless night. I'll get the omegas to look for her aswell when I get back, surely they'll help. I was near home when I heard giggles and laughter, Shakey and the gang's. "Hey, there's Humphery! Where ya been?" Salty asks noticing near by. "I was out looking for Y/n," I answer tiredly. "Y/n? Why are you looking for her?" Mooch asks sitting back. "Apparently she's missing," I answer and they quickly shoot up.

"She's missing? Y/n? My Y/n?" Salty questions and I roll my eyes. "Your Y/n? What? Since when?" Shakey asks. "Oh come on, I called dibs. There's enough sisters to go around," Salty shrugs. "There's three of them," Mooch calls out and Shakey nods. "Oh shush, Shakey has those vegan chicks waiting for him," Salty shrugs off. "Guys, guys, stop. Salty, Y/n isn't yours and she won't ever be. No offense but she's a little sister to me and I'd prefer her not being around a guy," I sigh.

"Oh, now that you mention that, isn't that alpha from the eastern pack too? Think they ran off together?" Shakey asks and I pause. "Oh, no. No no no no no, Y/n isn't the kind to do something like that, especially with a guy like him," I quickly deny. "Why not? You're just jealous of him, that's why you don't like him," Salty presses. "Guys I think we should focus more on the fact Y/n's missing and we should be looking for her, not Humphrey's jealousy," Mooch interrupts. "I'm not jealous! Just, go look for her! I'll check on Kate," I sigh and walk away. 

"He's totally jealous,"

Y/n's POV

"It's beautiful," Garth says as we head up the snowy mountain. "That's true, it's stunning up here," I agree. "So, uhm, about the coyote, do you like him?" Garth asks and I stop. "Me? Like Humphrey-" I ask holding back a giggle. "Are you serious?" I ask and start laughing uncontrollably. He pauses and stares at me in utter confusion. "I'm sorry, I can't help it. Humphrey is like an older brother to me really. Sure he's nice and all but he only has eyes for Kate," I giggle and he seems to relax a little. 

"So how about you? You got eyes for Kate too?" I asked playfully but I was geniunley afraid to hear his answer. "Well it's, it's complicated," he replies after a long pause. "I wouldn't blame you, she's talented, pretty, and she's smart, what else is there?" I say. "I never said I did," he adds. "But you didn't say no either, did you?" I ask and he stays silent again. We walked a little bit further in silence looking everywhere else but each other. 

"I don't," he says out of nowhere. "Really?" I ask and he nods. My heart starts jumping and beating louder at the chance of hope. I decide to drop the topic before getting myself more worked up and smirk noticing all the snow around me again. I pause and throw some at Garth and he yelps in surprise. "Y/n! Seriously?" he growls playfully. I just shrugged and looked away, until I was hit by snow. I gasp and stare at him smirking and walking away again. 

"Oh no you don't!" I yell after him and chase him around. He chuckles and suddenly runs into a pile of snow. When he finally climbs out I tackle him back into the snow. We both started tackling each other and I stopped to catch my breath but Garth pinned me to the ground. We starred at each other panting and trying to catch our breaths, but I couldn't breathe. He was on top of me, inches away and I was incredibly flustered. He was breathtaking, literally. I then lost myself in his eyes, his beautiful green eyes, I couldn't look away and we just stayed there, looking at each other. 

"What are you guys?" a voice interrupts and Garth quickly gets off me and bury his head in the snow as I stood up just as fast looking for the source, a small bear. I cough to clear my throat and try to calm down the heat in my cheeks. "We're wolves," I answer the giggling bear. "I've never seen wolves before, you're really strange," the cub replies. "Oh are we now?" I ask playfully. "You are totally weird," the cub giggles again. I start playing with the cub and soon Garth removes his head from the snow. 

"Y/n let's go," Garth coughs and I shake my head. "Look at this little guy! He's so cute!" I say and go back to playing. "We should really get going, we're gonna be late," he persists. "Fine, your right," I agree defeated. "Okay little guy, I need to get going," I say and start backing away. The cub pauses and then starts tearing up. "Oh no, don't cry. I really have to go," I say and pat the cub on the head for comfort who only cries louder. "Y/n!" Garth yells and I turn and see a huge brown bear. 

922 words. Oh my gosh I hate myself lmao. I didn't mean to make you all wait I promise, I just forgot time. This year has flown by so quickly, we're already a fourth into 2023 rn, 3 months have passed by. I have no excuse or reason, it literally feels like we started this year like 2 weeks ago T^T

Have a good whatever it is for you right now!

Don't forget to sleep, eat, and stay hydrated!!

April 6, 2023