"That's only if they don't fall in battle. Besides –"

"It would be awesome if we just, like, resurrected as soon as we were killed, so we could keep fighting, and –"

"Nico, this is serious. Real swords. These can hurt," Percy said and Cressida scowled at him when she saw the disappointed look on Nico's face.

"Hey, ignore him. I do," Cressida said as she crouched down in front of him. "Yeah the swords hurt, but that is why we have this magic stuff," she explained as she pulled out the bag of ambrosia that she always kept with her.

"What's it do?" Nico wondered.

"It's called ambrosia. It's the food of the gods, and because you're part god, it's pretty good at healing you up. Not to mention that the Apollo kids are really good healers. They have to be because their father is the god of medicine. So, don't worry about a thing."

"That is pretty cool," he admitted before Castor placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You stick with us and we're going to have a blast," he promised.

"Yeah, we can show you how to set an ambush," Pollux added and Nico looked as if he'd died and gone to Elysium.

"Awesome."

"Um..." Percy murmured, but even after his conversation with Castor, he wasn't brave enough to disagree with them - actually he'd probably never disagree with them.

"Ok, maybe take it easy with the whole ambush thing," Cressida said. "We'll just show him the ropes."

Chiron's hoof thundered on the pavilion floor.

"Heroes!" he called. "You know the rules! The river is the boundary line. Blue team, Camp Half-Blood, shall take the west woods. Hunters of Artemis, red team, shall take the east woods. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. No intentional maiming, please! All magic items are allowed. To your positions!"

"Sweet," Nico whispered. "What kind of magic items? Do I get one?"

Percy seemed like he was about to break it to the kid that he didn't get one when Thalia said, "Blue team! Follow me!"

They cheered and followed, but Percy didn't seem happy about it as he almost tripped over a shield and ran to catch up with them.

They set the flag atop Zeus' Fist, the cluster of boulders in the middle of the west woods. Nico had been put on guard duty with the twins and Beckendorf, hoping that they'd be able to keep him safe.

"We'll send out a decoy to the left," Thalia told the team. "Silena, you lead that."

"Got it!"

"Take Laurel and Jason. They're good runners. Make a wide arc around the Hunters, attract as many as you can. I'll take the main raiding party round to the right and catch them by surprise."

Everyone nodded.

"Cressida, you can take the treetops. You'll be harder to reach and the more Hunters you can incapacitate the better," Thalia ordered and Cressida only gave her a stiff nod. "Anything to add, Percy?" Thalia asked.

"Um, yeah. Keep sharp on defence. We've got four guards, two scouts. That's not much for a big forest. I'll be roving. Yell if you need help."

"And don't leave your post!" Thalia said.

"Unless you see a golden opportunity," Percy added.

Thalia scowled. "Just don't leave your post."

"Right, unless –"