chpt.3

Another bright and early morning, and mum is sure to get me to wake up with enough time for an early morning run along the beach, as well as a shower. I can see from my alarm clock that it's a quarter until 6:00, but I don't register just how early it is until I see the dark sky outside my window. 

I've always had a love-hate relationship with morning runs, because as nice as it is to be out in the silence with no other signs of life, I really fucking hate mornings, and running.

The first two miles blow by just fine, but the lack of sleep truly hits me on mile three, and I opt for four before I decide to take a stop on the actual beach. I stretch in the sand, watching the sky lighten, though there's still no real signs of the sun being out. I appreciate the sound of the waves, as well as the seagulls just meters away. I'd live on the beach, perhaps a secluded island in Indonesia, if I could.

I'm back by the time I'd normally wake up, with enough time for a shower. The early morning heat and humidity is enough for me to willingly shower with the water opposing the heated side. I dress in sweats, as I did yesterday, and focus on drying my hair and brushing my teeth before we head out.

"Any chance we could grab a bite from the breakfast bar?" I ask.

"Lou, darling, you know how I hate for you to eat before a shoot," she sighs. I just shrug, figuring it was worth a try, and I'm sure to hide the fact that I plan on sneaking a donut from the buffet at the shoot.

"Are you excited to meet Harry today?" she asks once we're in the car, and I perk up at the topic.

"Yeah," I nod. "I heard he's super nice."

"I've heard the same," she hums. "Remember to keep proper behavior, though."

"Yes, mum," I chuckle, rolling my eyes. It's the same for every shoot or event we have, and I think I've managed the professionalism by now.

"I spoke with the photographer and a few other members of Harry's crew," she says, shifting the topic slightly. "They said today will be mostly for the Instagram page."

"That's good," I nod. "I'm sure it'll be more laid back, then."

"Maybe," she nods. We arrive shortly after the conversation dies down, and I resist from leaping out of the car. I repeat the same process as yesterday, though, with more familiarity to the other models and workers. They've got me in a pink long sleeve crew neck with Harry's name across the chest, along with a pair of leggings. I'm also wearing white air forces with rainbow stripes, and they've got me in a backpack to make it look like I'm more causally wearing it.

"Look at you!" I turn around and see one of the models, Riley, squeal. She's got something similar on, only with shorts and running shoes, and her hair is in braids. She's Mediterranean, I believe, with highlighted brown hair and deep brown eyes. "Jesus, if I could look this good in leggings, I'd wear them every day."

"Thanks, Riley," I smile. "Nice hair."

"Oh, thank you," she chuckles. "Oh!"

"What?"

"I need to tell you," she exclaims, excitement written across her face. "I just met him!"

"Him? Whose him?" I ask.

"Harry fucking Styles, that's who!" No way, he's already here? I know I said before I don't get starstruck, but I can't really be blamed. A mix of nerves and anticipation settles in my stomach, and I look at her in surprise.

"You're joking, how was it?"

"He was so nice, you wouldn't believe it. And holy god, so much hotter in person."

"Where is he?"

"By the buffet, when I last saw him."

"I hate to ditch you, but you know how it is," I say, and she laughs, before I hurry away. I make my way to the table, only to find Joshua and Cynthia, two other models, chatting by it. My shoulders slump in disappointment, and I frown slightly. I turn around to walk back to the shoot, when I see Harry standing there, with a friendly smile on his face and his hands held behind his back. The first thing I notice is that my head is angled towards the sky to see his face, which is inches taller than mine. Not only that, but his lips, and his dimples, and his curls, and holy shit, I'm standing in front of Harry Styles.

"Woah," I breathe out in shock, and he chuckles. He holds out his crazily large hand towards me, and I shake it lightly. 

"Hi, I'm Harry," he says, flashing me a charming and toothy grin. "You're Louis, if I'm correct?"

"I, uh, yea. I mean yes, I'm Louis," I stumble out, blood rushing to my face in embarrassment. "It's nice to meet you."

"How has shooting been so far? I know you were here yesterday," he asks.

"It was great," I nod, regaining my composure. "Everyone is really nice."

"I'm glad. I've seen recent shoots you've done, so I really appreciate you agreeing to this."

"Are you kidding? When my manager told me you asked for me, I was so excited. I'm a pretty big fan, to be honest," I ramble. I silently thank mum for not being here right now to scold me for my brief fanboying.

"Well, I'm a fan of yours," he says. "You wear everything nicely; I hope you're happy with what you're wearing. It's meant to look pretty basic and casual."

"It's really comfortable, actually," I grin. "Leggings, who knew?"

"I think you're up," he motions behind him to the photographer and the equipment set up. "It was nice talking to you, and hopefully we can talk some more later."

"Yeah, definitely," I smile, before I walk away. Once I turn back to see his back turned from me, I run up to mum quickly. "Mum, you'll never guess what just happened!"

"I saw," she smiles. "He's so polite and professional. I understand why you look up to him as much as you do."

"I know, right?"

"That's why I expect you to stay in line this whole shoot. That means keeping up with you diet and workout plan and working like a professional." Same old lecture as she always gives. "Now hurry along, they've got some shots of you on your own before the group photos."

"Just on the beach?"

"No, it's over there by the flowers," she says. "Follow me." 

We walk off the beach and onto the sidewalk, we walk along the wooden fence. We make it to a more secluded walking area with trees and lots of flowers, where more cameras are set up. We take more pictures, and the photographers are all as kind as I remember them from yesterday. They tell me to have fun with it, and they seem to prefer pictures of my showing emotion and laugh over not. Now, we're all gathered around on the beach. We took a lunch break, but mum was just looking over the photos with me and the photographers.

After lunch, the photographers announce that we will wait five or six hours until shooting the group Instagram photos so they can be taken at golden hour. They said we were welcome to stay and hang out or do whatever until then.

"Are you going to be staying?" Harry asks me.

"I think so," I say, but mum cuts me off.

"Actually," she says. "We would love to, but we've got somewhere to be."

"Oh, alright," Harry nods. "I'll see you both later tonight, then."

"Thanks though," I add before we turn away. When we get into the car I can't help but whine and pout about the situation. "Muuum, you turned down Harry Styles."

"Free time before a photoshoot, Louis. You know how good working out before a shoot makes you look," she tells me, and i just slump down into my seat with crossed arms. "Stop that moping, darling. You'll see him again tonight, and besides, if you really want to impress him and stand out, you need to work as hard as the top models."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I shrug.