04

☆

WHAT had happened just now replayed in my mind

WHAT had happened just now replayed in my mind. again, again and again. it seemed so unreal. first, i get kidnapped and get locked up in a dirty room, and now some kind of gang kidnapped me from my original kidnappers. nobody would believe me if i told them about all of this.

'we'll explain this later' my ass. i had been waiting for that explanation for the whole ride, yet there was nothing but silence.

the night sky was clear. it was a full moon and you could see the stars. i almost got lost in them as their beauty was breathtaking. stars had always been something so welcoming to me.

the car was big, but with four grown men and me in it, there was little to no space whatsoever. it was quiet the whole time. most of the them had fallen asleep. the silence made me think.

what could i do now ? was the car driving fast or rather slow? i couldn't tell. if it wasn't going all too fast, maybe there was a chance of getting out and running away from them.

annoyingly enough, someone's thigh was rubbing on mine. i didn't know how i had ignored it until now, but now it was getting on my nerves.

ignoring the body contact, i closed my eyes, grabbing the handle of one of the car's doors, gathering myself.

could i really do it? what if they stopped me?

no, this was my only chance.

i tried to open the door. i could already feel my freedom. i imagined my mom, yuqi and all my friends smiling at me. i wanted to see them so bad.

somebody next to me quietly laughed at me. why did they do that? i didn't know, and i didn't care. i just hoped it wasn't directed towards me.

i soon realized why they were laughing. the door was locked. obviously. of course it wouldn't be this easy. i should've known. who would leave a car door unlocked? nobody did that.

"what do you think you're doing?" the man next to me finally asked after he stopped laughing. "we aren't that stupid."

i turned my head to him and let go of the handle. he had black hair, mesmerizing eyes, plump lips and a few piercings on his ears. his cold gaze was piercing through me. honestly, he was pretty attractive.

"we're on a highway, opening that door would be a death wish." he added.

i would've imagined to see some amusement on his face, since he had been the one laughing. none. nothing. his face showed no emotion. that's one strange guy. i sighed in frustration.

he didn't wait for me to respond. "don't look at me like you don't know what i'm talking about. you're not getting away. be grateful you got out of that house." he turned his head to look straight forward.

i kept on staring at him before opening my mouth. "who.. were the people that kept me in there?"

"a skilled gang. you really don't want to mess with those." han opened his eyes.

"how skilled could they really be, when you managed to get me out that easily?" i asked in a sarcastic tone, earning a chuckle from han.

the fact that they were a gang was obvious. i wanted more information on them than just that. but even more importantly, i wanted to know why they came for my rescue. or why i was being kidnapped by them in the first place. "why did you save me?"

"shit, shut up, will you? stop asking so many questions and just keep quiet." the one next to me demanded. it was the black haired rude guy again. i kept myself from mocking his words and closed my mouth.

maybe it was for the better to just shut my mouth for now. from what i could tell this man was easily provoked and i wasn't trying to be dead by the end of the ride.

yeah he was intimidating, he had this dark aura surrounding him. i hated sitting so close to him. however, i could also smell his cologne. i had always been a sucker for men's perfume. kt smelled expensive, with a hint of vanilla decorating the scent.

realizing i was sniffing him, i backed off, hoping he hadn't noticed. i heard a deep exhale coming from his nose. either he didn't want to deal with my shit, or he fell asleep and really didn't notice. in my mind i prayed for the latter.

all of a sudden, the exhaustion kicked in. the whole day was filled with all kinds of emotions. i was disturbed. the running, the adrenaline, everything. it was actively taking a toll on me. i felt like i hadn't relaxed in months.

my eyes began to get heavy and i soon let the exhaustion take over. the last thing i remembered before falling asleep was my head hitting and falling on something.

                 IV™                 

☆                 IV™                  ☆

-rewritten-