Chapter 15 : Lights in the sky

(Randy's POV)

"Aaroof...why does my neck hurt so much...?" I groaned upon waking from a much-needed rest. Gazing at the wooden ceiling, I found myself lying on my back with all fours sprawled on the bed. "This feels strange. How did I get here? And why do I feel like something's missing?"

Whining as I sat up, I found myself on the bed...alone. Looking around, the sun seemed brighter than ever. Rubbing my eyes, I struggled to remember everything. "Oh yeah...I'm a human-turned-Rockruff...at least I didn't forget that this time...I'm home...where I lived with-OH I'm stupid..."

"Blossom? Icy?" slipping out of the covers, I called out their names, facepawing upon remembering where Icy was. Wrapped in my thoughts, I almost bumped into the bathroom door...that was it! She must have fallen asleep in there!...but she usually left the lights on, didn't she?

I timidly opened the bathroom door and called her name...no response, no purrs either. Gathering up my courage, I padded in and turned on the lights. I let out a sigh as the bathtub appeared empty. I decided to check on her box next...she wasn't there either...but why do I hear snoring?

"Mmrrr...mraww...snorf..." I let out a groan as I checked on my new box. "Blossom, you already have a box! Why do you have to sleep in mine?" I silently commented, but it seemed enough to let her blink herself awake. "Mmrrowning, Randy! What did you ask just now?...your box is comfy..."

"Blossom, what happened? How did I get here? I don't remember anything!" I asked as she climbed out of the box, her belly making a soft "Plop!" upon making contact with the floor. "Well...of course you don't! You conked out immediately after coming home!" she replied with a grin, giggling as she stretched her limbs. "I...did?"

"Kuro was the first one to greet us after returning. We all went to the inn to get a midnight snack and told everymon about our awesome adventure! We even had Duff show Kuro his new move! Kuro was so proud that he fell out of the window and onto Ivy, who was trodding out. A shame that you don't remember their priceless expressions!"

"WHAT? What happened after?!" I eagerly asked as Blossom burst into laughter. "They stared at each other for a few seconds with their eyes as wide as Chesnuts, then they began the usual. Ivy's "What are you doing?!" and Kuro's "The hell did you have to be there?! I could have landed safely on the ground, y'know?" then, of course, Ivy won again,"

Stunned for a second when the memories slid back in, I started laughing, too. "Seems like I expected too much after hearing what Ivy told us a few days ago!" I pointed out, then I found Blossom looking at the clock. "Perhaps we overslept a little bit," she commented. "Oh..."

"Hey, Blossom!" a familiar voice called out as we went out. "Wow, I thought they already went on missions! Perhaps they overslept just like we did!" Blossom exclaimed, but there seemed to be nobody other than us. "Wait...huuuuh? Why are we the only mons here?" I muttered under my breath. "Heeey! I'm over here, dorks!"

The voice came from behind our house, but when we got there, there wasn't anymon there. "Heeeey, idiots! I'm on your left!" his voice shouted again, but he wasn't there either, and now it was starting to be annoying. "It's like he's running in circles! He's definitely messing with us, but how?"

"Running in circles? Wow, that ain't easy! Guess how I became so fast!"

His voice spoke again when we went to our left, and just like we expected, he wasn't there either. "Now I'm on the east, you dumbasses!" his voice shouted. "West...okay, the east on the other side of our house," I growled, cursing as we padded to the other side, trying to figure out his plan.

"Haha! I'm on the west now, nitwits! Where the sun is!" his voice shouted. "Wait, west, where the sun is...but the sun is above our...wait a minute...fuck this, I think I know what's going on, Blossom, we're going to the west," I growled, hearing me, she made a confused purr at my words but decided to obey anyway.