Chapter 13: Blinged out dwarf

A/N: WARNING: STRONG ALLITERATIONS AT THE END, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, ONLY PEOPLE PAST 38 ARE ALOUD TO READ THIS OTHERWISE ANYONE BELOW WILL DIE OF CRINGE. Jk here's a chapter to make up for the inactivity! And it's extra long as well!

The dwarves scurried through the tunnel, frantically running while crouching at the same time, which was quite hard to do. There were snarls and hisses behind them, though they dare not to look back.

"How –" Girme took a hasty gulp of air; "Much further?"

Orein didn't reply verbally, but instead held up 4 fingers. If that meant 400 metres, 4 kilometres, 40 days or 4 minutes Girme didn't know. But what he did know was to keep running and never stop until they have reached the door. Then they will figure something out.

An orc dropped from the ceiling, blocking the way forward. Girme didn't hesitate to throw one of his axes. It flew forwards, implanting the axe up to it's handle in the orcs head. They stepped over the body and continued running for their lives. The sounds of growling and vicious hissing only grew louder behind them.

Orein stumbled over a rock, and almost fell over if it were not for Girme supporting him. "I... was never... a fan of... running..." Orein wheezed.

"We can make it! It's right there!" Girme said breathlessly, and dragged Orein behind him. "Leave me behind..." Orein looked up at Girme. Girme, without missing a beat, said: I'd kill you myself first, now get your ass over the door, grandpa!" They straggled to the doors, while the torches at the front flickered in the strange wind that came behind them. "4 more steps!" Girme groaned. Orein tried to untangle himself from Girme, but the stubborn dwarf wouldn't let go. The torch flickered once, then twice. "2 more steps!" Girme groaned, and dragged Orein behind him. He looked back for a millisecond, and saw multiple eyes approaching. No doubt the owner of those eyes would like to tear the flesh from his bones and eat his liver.

Girme threw Orein behind the door and ran in behind him, slamming the door shut so hard it shook the dust from the ceiling. Girme quickly barred the door, then kicked Orein once in the leg. "What were you thinking?!" He demanded, as he was helping Orein get up to his feet. "Are you dumb or something?" Orein held up his hand, still wheezing. After a few minutes, Orein answered. "It was the best way that you could've survived, and-" Girme launched his feet at Orein's shins, effectively silencing him. "Don't you EVER do that again. I WILL kill you, I promise, even if the dark forces get to you first."

Orein descended into huffy silence, and the two looked at the door. There were sounds of distant pounding from behind it, but the magical rune-trapped door held. Then they just realised something. "Where's Percy?" They asked simultaneously.

Of course, all this time Percy had been trapped in the chambers, with the Lord of Darkness himself. Oh wait, sorry. That's Nico's title. Ahem. Lord of Evil himself. He desperately looked for any openings that he could fight his way out of, but alas. The foes were perfect in their every move, flawlessly moving their swords so that there was not one cubic centimetre left uncovered.

Where's that stupid owl when you need it? He thought. I really need some company and a large overdose of luck currently. Then an idea popped into his head. If a lightbulb was over his head, then it would have flashed. Luck!

He sneaked his hand to where the McDonalds action figure was. The dark figure laughed. "No puny action figure, magic or no magic is going to save you." The voice echoed down the tunnels. Percy stopped. It was hopeless. What was he thinking? The dark figure was right, no luck of Hermes is going to save him now. He just should give up..... He mentally slapped himself across the face. Those thoughts were not his, and no god or ancient being invaded his head. His hand contacted the action figure, and at that same time a large chunk of rock fell from the ceiling and (with an incredible amount of luck) fell directly on the head of the shadowy figure.