Chapter 1: The Prologue, the start thingy, whatever you call it

Prologue

A shadow looms over middle-earth. The free-peoples are threatened. A prophecy is handed out.

There shall come a time,

When the world is in a shadow forgotten ere,

When people fall into darkness, like frost upon a tree,

There shall come a time,

When the East shall fall,

When friendship be renewed by mirror-mere,

When the peoples look out to sea,

There will come a time,

The short will overshadow the tall,

When words are stronger than wall,

Thain and master shall muster the free,

King bequeathed, follow the sun

Bronze unsheathed, follow the stars

Redeemed words spoken,

Cursed blade on elven-sword

Only then can the dark be broken

To save both worlds at one's accord.

Guide way to the light

Never surrender to the night

This was the prophecy summoned by Faramir the Foresighted – as he was called in the happier days. Faramir happened to be the son of Peregrin Took and Diamond of Long Cleeve. In other words, a hobbit. As a hobbit, no one took him seriously. The other hobbits in taverns would say: "Ridiculous, a prophecy? He's just making it up. It's a fib! If it was even a prophecy, then why was it issued by a hobbit? Absurd, I call it." Then the hobbits would drain their ale and discuss other matters, such as: What is farmer Cottons secret to growing watermelons? This was discussed in taverns all over the Shire on a weekly basis. The prophecy, not the watermelons. Keep up.

It was because of this Faramir fled. By the end of the year, almost everyone thought this so called prophecy – was a spoof. So Faramir, son of Peregrin Took fled and rode to a place called Fornost, the jewel of Arnor where the king was on his holiday.

The king had received message from the words of the dwarves that they had taken back Moria, at a low cost. He smiled to himself. "Not anymore, since they have a party of archers" He thought gladly. He then began counselling with the Beornings when a hobbit barged in the throne room. He recognized the hobbit as Faramir, son of his good friend, Pippin.

Faramir found the king, sitting on the throne with his royal sceptre, advising the Beornings on were to attack the last orc stronghold, in the plains of Rhún. There he told Aragorn and told him of the Prophecy. Unlike the Hobbits, Aragorn did not jeer at him, for he learned to listen and ignore appearances, whether they be a foul orc, or a small hobbit. He sat on his throne and sat there thoughtfully. He ordered the rebuilding of a tall watchtower, in Pelargir, along the west banks of the Anduin. He also ordered the reconstruction of Osgilliath. But soon he would find out, the message never reached Minas Tirith. The last place the rider was seen was Edoras. His body was retrieved from the river Anduin, where on closer inspection was a burn mark on his face of a hand, and cruel hooked arrows in his back.