Imagine #7 : Healing (Solo!Reader)

A/N: not me manically writing this during class 😃 ANYWAYS!! Thinking ab turning this dynamic into a book. Thoughts?

Another solo!reader au :)

Poe huffed, using his forearm to remove some raven locks from his tanned forehead. He'd been under this damned X-wing for hours. You'd think the new government would have given them newer X-wings after winning their long and difficult battle against the First Order.

He figured he shouldn't be complaining; he had a wife who was going through much worse at the moment. He moves from under the X-wing and sits up, admiring the empty hanger. He looks out to the skyline of Chandrila. "Stars how beautiful." He says aloud. BB-8 pops out from the top of the X-wing where he had been doing his own work. What's beautiful? He beeps.

"Chandrila, B. Missed being here, flight school, my friends. All of it."

You have friends other than Finn?!

"Not anymore really," Poe huffs a laugh. "Got married, got busy." Poe stands, dusting off his hands and washing them in a nearby mechanic's sink. "Can't believe she agreed to it." Poe thinks of you again.

BB beeps a laugh. Me too.

– –

Self-pity had consumed you whole today, and you allowed it to. Your mother always told you to allow yourself to feel the things you need, but to stay strong until you were in private. Now here you are, without her, without your father, your brother, your uncle. Just Poe. Some friends of course.

Chandrila used to be home. Both you and Ben were born here. You grew up here until being sent away to your respective academies. Ben, to Uncle Luke's, and you, to flight school and regular studies.

You begged and begged your parents not to send you to Uncle Luke's, so they didn't. You didn't want to be a Jedi, you wanted to be a pilot. It didn't take much convincing for Han Solo, his daughter was the light of his life - so was his son, but he couldn't quite navigate what his son had been going through.

Leia had fought back though, she wanted for you to be able to tame your power, she wanted you to know where you came from and what you could be. But she finally relented her request for you to join your brother, later in life, being thankful for your vocal upset on the subject.

You missed her insight, even if you didn't always see eye-to-eye on things. Unlike Ben, you got to have dinner with your parents most nights as you grew up. Sometimes it was just the two of you since your dad was busy with his shipping company. You'd chat on about politics, school drama, boys even. Even though she was a war veteran, her spark for silly drama had never dimmed.

You begin to cry over their memory, Ben, Luke, Mom, and Dad. Some days, six months out from the battle of Exegol, simply living a peaceful life was not enough. Poe finally had his great job as general, you had become the senator of Yavin and the surrounding moons. Somehow the memory of the war still haunted you. Nights ebbed and flowed from happily married to newly orphaned. Perhaps it hadn't been enough time, and after thinking about it, you concluded that it hadn't. You had the precedent of your mother's strength, however, which made you think that perhaps, after losing everything, you should be helping those who had lost even more.

The woman had lost her entire planet, her family; turned around and aided in destroying the death star.

In the midst of your sorrow, you didn't overhear the front door of your apartment slide open. You faintly heard footsteps, but figured it would be too late to do damage control on your mascara and the splotched tears staining your white lounge gown.

"Princess," Poe groans, striding over to his wife and seating himself next to you. His arms are around you at once.

Poe knew what was happening, it happened to him often, and you were there just the same. You had many more night terrors though, and more days of depression than he'd been able to count for himself. You wailed into his chest and he made sure to stroke your back gently, trying to comfort you in any way he could. He hated watching this, he hated knowing why and that he couldn't do anything to prevent it.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, his arms hug you tighter to him. "I'm so sorry."

It was like this for a while. The sun had completely set by the time you'd settled down. Poe had now focused on the speeders passing by the sky-way as his hands continued their work on your back.

You pull away, your raw face peering up at him.

"I'm hungry," you smile faintly.

Poe smiles, shaking his head. "We can't have that, what do you want?"

"Yip-Tip to go, please." You sniffle, tucking a strand of unbraided hair behind your ear.

"You don't want Chef Dameron to make you the best, tastiest, most nutritious Yip-Tip you've ever had in your life!?" He stands and begins towards the door, grabbing his speeder keys from the key bowl.

"Only if it's this Chef Dameron." You point to yourself. "You can't cook for shit, my love."

"You're right about that, baby," He strides back over, leaning down a bit to kiss you once on your forehead and once on the lips. "Be right back, Yip-Tip and blue noodles on the way."

You laugh gently through drying tears as he makes his way back to the door. "I love you."

"I love you more."

– –

"Mmmmm, I think we should get takeout more often." You groan.

"Agreed, though you are a good cook."

"Thank Leia Organa." You nod towards the Organa-Solo family portrait on the wall.
"I have lots to thank Leia Organa for, her guidance, mentorship, my position in the Navy, her hot ass daughter- not murdering me when she found out we were-"

"Poe Dameron!"

He says your name "... Dameron." He chides back. "Letting me marry you... you know I asked her before she passed."

"I remember you telling me, I think maybe a week after we married."

"Got Chewwie's blessing too, nice that he got to walk you down the aisle. Hope he and his family are doing well." Poe says as he chews.

"Mouth closed." You insist.

Poe rushes in about ten seconds to scoff down the rest of his food. "Wha yu don lik when I cheuw wif my mouf open?" He chomps.

"EWWW- STOP THIS ONCE!" You shuffle off and around the couch, throwing a pillow at Poe's face.

He continues his antics for a minute while you stand with your arms crossed against your chest.

"Nuisance." You insist.

"Oh, you love me." He finishes his food officially, and moves towards you, grabbing your waist. "Our children are going to be menaces."

"Little space goblins for sure." You nod with a humorous smile.

"What do you say we go make one?" Poe bends at the hip, latching his lips to your neck.

You gently shake your head, but crane your neck up so he has better access. "No space goblins for now baby, how-bout we practice though?"