Imagine #6: Viscount Dameron (Part 2)

A/n: YAY PART 2! Part 3 is coming out late tonight because this story needs SMUT!
___________
"You were missing for half an hour last night, what were you up to?" Your mom asks at breakfast.

You place down your fork and look up at your parents and your two siblings on either side of the table. "A friend was inquiring about my plans this season."

"Mama told me you danced with the Prince!" Your little sister Meredith says excitedly.

"I did, until Viscount Dameron stepped in the way of a possible second." You roll your eyes, then realized you just mentioned Poe. Oh no.

"Poe! I was just speaking to him the other day. And his mother, Shara, she's a delight." Your mother says happily.

"Indeed." You note and put some more scrambled egg in your mouth.

"So, you spent some time with Poe..." your dad starts. "He's a fine young man."

"He's... certainly a man." You say quickly.

"Well, Lady Phasma is holding a ball tomorrow night, perhaps you'll have another dance with the Prince!" Your mother beams.

"I certainly hope so." You smile back.

You leave breakfast shortly after your conversation over breakfast. You start to have the feeling that Poe might indeed feel more for you than just friendship.

"Would it be so bad to be... compromised or married to a man like me?"

It would. You immediately remove the notion from your mind. You must focus on the Prince tomorrow evening. No matter how distracting Viscount Dameron can be.

~

Lady Phasma's Ball

"Mother I'll be alright to lead myself around this room."

She is clinging to you, seemingly almost as nervous as you, maybe worse.

"What do you think I'm going to mess this up for myself?" You joke.

"No dearest, I'm quite excited actually... listen here," she pulls you gently to the side before continuing around the room and says "You know, if this Prince doesn't entice you, I would consider Viscount Dameron, I believe he would treat you well."

You stand stunned looking at her as if she had just slapped you across the face.

"Viscount Dameron is a dear childhood friend, I see him as nothing more. I shall dance with the Prince and gain a proposal." You break from your mother and find the champagne tower. You look behind her to see her pursuing you, as you turn back around to your target you run face first into someone's chest.

"Careful, sweetheart."

"Wha- huh?" You look up to see him grinning down at you. His hair is just as unruly as last time and skin is as tough looking as before. But he's beautiful. "Viscount, my apologies."

"No need to apologize- oh my, y/n my broach has scratched your cheek." He pulls you to a less busy part of the ball room and uses his handkerchief to dap your cheek. As he pulls it away from your face you see blood.

"Well I'm certainly not in any pain, Poe." You say honestly. "I didn't even notice." You giggle.

He sighs with worry. You touch the hand that's resting on your cheek. "I'll be okay Viscount."

As the both of you begin to walk back to the center of the room he speaks, "Forgive me for what I said yesterday, I wasn't thinking. You should feel free to dance with whomever you choose." He admits, you could tell he felt embarrassed.

You stop him and look up into his brown, hopeful eyes. "Thank you... for looking out for me, sir." Your hand grazes his ever so gently. When it leaves, he feels his hand flex - a silent cry for you to touch him again. You don't notice.

Poe looks down at you, a wanting, painful look on his face. "Forever." He nods.

"Miss y/l/n." You hear a deep voice behind you. You turn to find the dashing Prince Ben Solo approaching. He too looked amazing. You found yourself standing between the two brooding, raven-haired men. This was quite the selection.

You curtsy and smile up at the Prince. He shakes his head softly as if to say "you needn't curtsy".

"Miss y/n, may I steal you away for a dance," he begins, "or is your time already occupied?" The prince looks up from you to Poe who sports a disgruntled look upon his face. You freeze, you knew this was coming but you didn't realize how fast and that you would need to make a decision considering Dameron was right behind you. Would you say yes to a lifetime of royalty or consider yourself content as a Viscountess? Or would you choose nothing? That sounded nice, nothing-

"Miss?" Prince Ben holds his hand out.

"I- I need some air I think, I shall be back." You nod to the Prince, ignoring Poe behind you. You stalk towards the exit doors that lead to the balcony.

You reached the balcony and as elegantly as possible relaxed onto the railing. "Why couldn't I take his hand?" You shake your head, wanting to cry, wanting to scream.

You felt bad for Dameron, no, in fact, you wanted to feel him. You wanted there to be no other option other than him so you could simply go on hating him for the rest of your married lives. You wanted an excuse to hate the man but that man made you feel conflicted, and frustrated, frustrated in the best of ways.

You wandered towards the gardens below, slowly gracing down the stairs until you found yourself in a maze of greenery, eventually, you got lost.

"Miss y/n." You hear behind you. It was the Viscount. He looked entirely worried for you, he approached slowly.

"Ar-are you okay y/n?"

With a large stride you come to the man, your hands finding his face grasping for the very thing you want on yours, his lips are pressed to yours in an instant. He tries to pull away out of instinct but his body quickly gives into the feeling he's been begging for this entire season, the feeling of your kiss.