Imagine #5: Reckless moves

A/n: Please send in requests if you want to!!!
Also, Viscount Dameron no. 2 is coming out soon!

-

In addition to the resistance having Poe Dameron as their most daring and talented pilot, they also had you, a pilot with arguably more talent and even less of an awareness to the amount of recklessness you posses. Leia saw you for what you were: a fighter, someone who would sacrifice everything they had for the betterment of the galaxy. She loved that about you, thus, she made you leader of the red squadron.

You often found yourself in dire situations due to the nature of your fighting technique. You often shot before you thought, something Poe Dameron also did. Leia had many sit downs with the both of you about this behavior. It almost added fuel to the fire - Dameron would take it as a challenge to best you in dog fight simulations and during trainings with new pilots.

You and Dameron were rivals, and you would someday best him, you at least hoped.

One day, you ended up fighting an entire squadron of Tie fighters all by yourself, forgetting to call out the signal for when assistance was needed on the space battlefront. You simply decided to take them all by yourself. You did, but at one point one of them nearly shot you out of the sky. Genera Leia saw on the radar and commanded that the squadrons assist you.

"I'm fine by myself guys-"

"We know y/n but we want to help." Jess demands.

"Stupid idea y/l/n." Poe chimes in, you could sense a lot of annoyance in his voice.

You roll your eyes and continue the fight.

Upon arriving back to base you're met with a lot of pats on the back and notes of amazement from your squadron, however, black leader comes stalking over just a few moments later.

"Are you kidding me?!" He huffs.

You grinned and tilted your head. The sweaty, hot mess of a man was quite attractive when he was heated. "What's wrong this time Dameron? Angry you didn't get to take the last shot?" You roll your eyes and start towards the main part of the yavin 4 base, Dameron following closely behind.

"You could've died out their with how reckless you were, Leia will not be happy about today-" He says before you cut him off.

"Then this is my problem with Leia, not yours. Have you forgotten that you are not my squadron leader?" You turn and say.

The both of you stop walking, now there is just an air of anger sitting between the two of you. "No..." he approaches you, his body coming unbearably close to yours. You shudder as he leans down to your level, his face just inches away from yours. "But I am your commander." His voice is low.

You shrug off the tension and smirk. "Well maybe you should be more worried about the amount of work on your desk and not how many TIE fighters I'm able to gun down in one go. Which, by the way, is more than you." You quip. You were about to turn and walk again until his hand found your shoulder.

He stared at you for a few moments, you were anticipating the announcement of your organized punishment from him, in fact another one on top of what you expected Leia to give you. But he didn't say a word, he just looked at you with frustrated eyes.

"Bantha got your tongue?" You tilt your head.

"Watch your mouth sweetheart-" Poe says quickly, you could feel the frustration radiating off of him. "Or I'll make sure your punishment involves it."

With that, Poe left you standing shocked in the midst of soldiers running around and technicians repairing things. Once Poe was out of sight you finally breathed.

"Fuck that was hot."