Chapter 1:Honor

Chapter 1: Honor

Blea's POV

As a soldier, one of the common tasks is sacrificing one's own life for the beloved country. Different types of love exist—some love their country because it's where they grew up, while others have friends, relatives, or their own families here. As for me, I do this because I have nothing to do I don't have a family to return to. I have friends, but they have their own lives, unlike me, who has a house but is deafened by its silence and vastness. I'm not complaining, but sometimes it's envy-inducing, prompting me to rebel against them, making them cry a little. I'm really mean, but who cares? It's become my nature, and I'm probably going to be forgiven by a God right? I can't live alone; it's too harsh. Ever since I found out the truth about my parents' disappearance, I've been struggling. What can I do? I'm weak in situations like these. Seek revenge? Haha, then what? I'd still be sad, and like before, I'd be alone. So, this became my decision—to have no one to step on but make others cry a bit. It's okay if no one remembers me eventually. It's fine if they just eat that instead. I'm selfish, I know, but I hope they find happiness after crying over me. It's okay if no one remembers me in the long run. After all, I won't be here, so it doesn't matter.

Surprisingly, despite everything, I maintain a positive and childlike mindset. Even with traumatic events in my life, my mentality remains unchanged. Sometimes, I feel like I might go crazy with sadness, but I endured it until today.

There are days when I just want to stay in the dark, so I lock myself in my room. It feels like I'm free for a few moments, but it's just an excuse. There are days when I'm lazy, so my excuse is being sick or crying all day—sometimes it's true, but often it's just an excuse.

Yes, I'm mean, but is it a crime to get tired? Oh well, the training is relentless every day. Even if I'm good, it still wears out my patience and energy. I'd enjoyed hiding; hehe, who would be mature if you become a soldier? Oh well, if you're like that, you'll age faster. There's nothing wrong with thinking like a child sometimes, but of course, don't show it to others if you don't want to be laughed at. After all, you're supposed to be a role model, and it would be embarrassing to their expectations, right? Even if you don't really care about what they think.

"Co-commander, are you sure about what you're going to do? Can you think about it first?" A comrade, concerned about my foolish actions. Who in their right mind sacrifices their lives for a country that has been cruel to them? I know my face shows no emotion now, but I consider them friends and family.

"Ohm." I gave a brief answer because I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to tell them that everything would be okay, that I myself in this situation was nervous.

They look like they're going to cry because of my stubbornness, so without saying anything, I turned my back at them and prepared for what needed to be done. I know I'm just making excuses, but I don't want to see them miserable. But I still do it, I'm so selfish. I know that I'll end up killing myself with what I'm about to do, but it feels like I'm just going on vacation. That's probably why I'm not thinking of running away and leaving everything behind right now.

I know I look stupid right now, but this is my personality that strengthens me and the reason why I'm still alive until now in this country that I served, but later found out rotten to the core. I thought that becoming a soldier would reduce violence, but I'm probably too young to think that and understand the world because no matter what I do, it has no effect. Even if I help them, in the end, I'm still a traitor, so I promised myself that this would be the last time I help without expecting anything in return if I survive. I hope...

I placed myself in a new technology that I made myself, and now that I think about it, I'm so stupid because I didn't even accept their recognition for what I did with all my heart. I'm sure there's nothing left for me if I enter the hell I created, but thinking about it, it's not bad to die for humanity, right? Hahaha, who am I fooling? They're sacrificing me, and I want to cry now, but my face remains expressionless to hide the trembling of my soul. I looked back to see my friends with no expression, but I could see in their eyes that they were falling into nothingness and slowly crumbling.

I lifted the corner of my lips and nodded at them to reassure them that everything would be okay. I faced forward and entered A3*V code 34******60 to activate what needed to be done. I pressed the red button there because that's surely what I should do. I didn't know in which direction I was going, so I just think about when this will end.

3... 2... 1...

I just felt like I was tearing apart, but it only lasted for a moment. I didn't feel any pain because I didn't realize that I was already dead.

Blea Anderson died on her secret mission, 28 years old without meeting her family. She died with honor for her country.

A/n: Oh my, oh my, I finally finished Chapter 1. I'm excited, hehe. Don't forget to vote and recommend it to your friends. Goodbye.