"But I know what I heard, Reiner!" Sasha protests, "They sounded like footsteps! I swear!"

The sound of the window rattling takes their eyes off Sasha, now facing Nanaba, their superior officer and member of Miche's squad, who just landed outside. Nanaba opens the window and scans the room, asking, "Everyone all right?"

Christa stands up, "Nanaba? What happened?"

"Titans. 500 meters to the South, and they're coming this way" she answers, "Quick. There's no time for you to gear up. Find your horses and evacuate all nearby homes and settlements. Understood?

"Yes, ma'am!"

In a haste, they all rushed out the room, running down the stairs to find their own horse and saddles. Soon, they were riding out in the field, observing the nine Titans in the far distance. Iris feels her heart speed up.

"All right, listen carefully!" Section-commander Miche Zacharius announces, leading his soldiers up front, "As soon as those Titans reach the woods, we'll split into four teams of recruits and soldiers alike, and then simultaneously scatter around in each direction! Do not engage and focus on spreading the word out! Is there anyone familiar with this region?!"

"Yes, sir!" Sasha raises her arm instantly, "My town's north of here! I know the lay of the land very well! And... Connie, too, sir! Right, Connie?"

The boy glazed at the road with dull eyes, lost in a trance. At last, he says, "My village is to the south... where the Titans are coming from. I can take you to nearby villages, but after that, please... allow me to go home."

Miche looks over his shoulder, "Of course. You'll guide the southern team, then."

Reiner speeds up to match Connie's pace, "Connie, I'll go with you."

"You serious? Titans will be swarming the place. It'll be dangerous," Connie warns, bewildered by his offer.

"So? I did offer to help you sneak out, didn't I?" Reiner grimaces. He turns to Berthold and Iris, who rode behind him, "You guys coming?"

Bertholdt hesitates, but he nods, nonetheless, "Of course I'll come."

Reiner looks at her. Iris at him.

"I'll go wherever you go."

A smile. So small and brief, but Iris could see it. Then, it fades away.

"Titans have reached the woods!" Gelgar, another soldier, yells.

"Scatter! Ride as fast as you can!"
Miche's strong voice pounded in their ears. Everyone did as he ordered, and soon, the four teams were dividing, each heading in their assigned direction, but what they didn't expect was the crowd of Titans to suddenly break into a sprint, causing harsh rumbles in the field.

What the hell?! Iris exclaims in her mind, horrified at their godly speed.

"SHIT! They're gonna catch up!" Connie shouts.

"Gelgar! Take over!" Miche yells,
slapping his reins over to the Titans' direction. His subordinates called his name, but he was already too far to listen.

Gelgar shuts them off by saying, "Have faith in him! His skill is only second to Captain Levi! He'll make it out alive! I know it!"