Chapter 2: The Festival

Katara's POV

I woke up in Aang's arms and I felt him move. "Good morning sweetie," I said turning to face him. "Good morning Katara," He replied softly. "You excited for the festival?" I asked him. It took a second for Aang to reply. "Yeah," he finally said with the same soft tone. "What?" I asked him, looking into his grey eyes while he stared into my blue ones. "You are just so beautiful." He responded smiling, making me blush. We then got dressed out of our Pj's, and I did my hair. I had my hair mostly down except for my hair loopies as Sokka likes to call them which then connected in the back making a bigger loop. I could see Aang's eyes soften once I turned around, he is so sweet. "We should probably head down for breakfast before Sokka wakes up." I half joked. Aang just smiled and we walked downstairs together.

Once I walked downstairs I saw Zuko and Toph sitting down eating breakfast. "Toph!" I exclaimed running down to hug her. "Woah easy there sugar queen." She said, then she turned to Aang. "Wow Twinkle Toes you are tall now?!" Toph choked looking at Aang. "Nice to see you again Toph." He replied. "How are you?" I asked her. "I'm okay. I'm getting into the zone to win all of these carnival games!" "You mean cheat again?" I told her, "Exactly, to cheat and win like always." Ugh, typical Toph I thought. "How was your trip to the Water tribes? I'm sure it must be more interesting than Zuko's and Aang's borning politics." "Our politics are not boring." Zuko responded taking offense to the comment. "They kind-of are, but they are super important for the future and to ensure world peace." Aang added. "So like I said, boring. Anyways Katara, how was your trip?" She asked again. "It was quite nice. It was very easy to make blood bending illegal in the south but in the north it was much harder. Everyone didn't even know it could exist and thought I was trying to ban a made up skill. When I told them who made it, they weren't impressed because it was a female discovery. One person even called me an anti feminist for banning a female technique! Which is so ironic considering the fact that it was illegal for a woman to even learn water bending until I came up there and fixed that problem too!" I sighed. "Not to mention I'm a women myself. Anyways eventually Sokka and I were able to convince the North to ban it. Oh and on our trip we met my mom's cousins from the Northern Water Tribe. Gran Gran's younger brother's daughter and her husband. Get this, their mom is actually from the South just like me!" "Woah, that sounds way more fun than what I've been up to. I have this one weak fat kid in my class who is trying to learn metal bending, I don't even think he's an earth bender! Sokka is a better earth bender than this whining wimp." "It's true. I'm probably a better bender than the Avatar." Sokka jokes to Aang entering the room. "Captain Boomerang!" Toph said walking over to Sokka to hug him. "Today it's Captain Swordsmen."He stated after letting go. "Oh no," Zuko groaned. "Oh yes, Zuko I challenge you to a Swordbending Agni Kai!" "Not again. Look Sokka, you've challenged me a hundred times already, and have lost every time. Also Swordbending isn't a word." "Yes it is!" "No it's not!" "Katara Swordbending is a word right?" Sokka asked me. "It is now. Come on Zuko, just do it to make him happy. He'll just keep bugging you until you say yes." Zuko looked at me and then back at Sokka. "Fine," he finally agreed. "Yes! You won't be disappointed, I've been practicing." "Sure," Zuko rolled his eyes. "It's true, he practiced almost every day while we were in the Water Tribes." I added supporting my brother. "When does the festival start?" Toph said, interrupting the conversation. "In two hours." "Sweetness." She replied.

Zuko's POV

We were at the festival now and all of Team Avatar's faces lit up. Especially Aang and Toph. They quickly ran towards the first carnival game with Sokka that they could find before I could even explain where everything was. "I swear they behave like toddlers most of the time. It's almost impossible to organize anything with them." Katara complained. I nodded,"I know but this is a festival and it makes them happy." "I guess so," She agreed. We walked over the game across from Aang, Sokka, and Toph. The one with the darts and the moving targets. "Wow Katara you're a natural!" She got 4 bullseyes only missing one. "Thanks," We then turned around to see Toph yell "I won!" With Aang and Sokka holding almost every prize from that game. "I was able to do that without cheating." Katara whispered to me, making me smile a bit and her giggling. They then walked over to us, and started to play our game. Toph and Aang hit all five bullseyes using earth and air bending to do so. It was so obvious and Katara looked slightly annoyed with them. The next few games went the same with Katara playing fairly, Toph cheating, Aang doing a bit of both, and Sokka eating all the food that they won. But at least everyone seemed to be having a good time. "Look!" Aang said pointing towards the lion dancers and the dance floor. He then grabbed onto Katara and they both went off dancing together. They looked amazing. "Katara and Aang got the moves!" Sokka said, watching his sister in awe. "I dare you two to join them." Toph remarked. "Me?" I asked, "Yes you and Sokka." "Toph you know I can't dance." Sokka told her. "I know, that's why I want to see you and Zuko dance." "Hey I can dance, it's just that I'm the Fire Lord so I shouldn't." "Whatever you possum chickens."Toph rolled her eyes. "Wait, that reminds me, It's time for our Swordbending Agni Kai!" "Oh no." I groaned wishing I was dancing with Sokka instead. "Katara, Aang, come on, it's time for my fight!" Sokka exclaimed excitedly, grabbing my hand and running towards the arena.

Sokka's POV

"Okay I want a clean fight, no cheating, no outside weapons, and that includes boomerangs." Aang said, giving me a dirty look. "Hey that's not fair, Zuko has 2 swords and I only have one." "Would you like to switch?" Zuko asked, "Of course not, duel swords suck, I just wanted an extra weapon." "Ok, any last objections?" Aang asked, "Regardless of who wins, there will not be a rematch today like last time when we had over 50 rematches." Zuko added. "That seems fair. Anything else?" We both shook our heads. "Let the Swordbending begin!" "That's not a word!" Zuko exclaimed. "I've been practicing. Prepare for your downfall Zuko." "Like you can beat me." He grinned. I decided to go on the offense swinging my sword hoping to throw Zuko off balance and it seemed to be working. "Hiya!" I yelled slashing my sword. I quickly jumped onto the rails of the arena, giving me the high ground. My plan was simply, be offensive, have Zuko be blocking and then boom, do a fancy trick and win. Zuko seemed to figure out my plan, hoping up onto the rails and kicking me to the ground. I lost my balance falling, Zuko then tried to point his sword at me though I was able to roll out of the way just in time blocking his attack. "Go Sokka!" Katara yelled. "Smack-a-pow!" I shrieked going back onto the offensive. This didn't last that long, Zuko was just too good playing more aggressive, forcing me on hard core defense. I ducked one of these attacks, then I swiped his leg forcing him onto the ground. He quickly got back up before I could point my sword at him. "I'll admit, you have gotten better." Zuko said smiling. He then quickly blocked my attacks and started moving too fast. I then tripped and he pointed his sword at my throat catching me before I fell onto the ground. "But not quite good enough." Then he dropped me and I fell. "We have a winner!" Aang announced. Zuko then reached out his hand to help me up, but instead I grabbed his hand pulling him on the ground quickly. I then sat on top of Zuko's hips grabbing my sword and placing it at his neck. "Now we have a winner," I smirked. "Sokka, you can't do that. The fight is over, Zuko won." Aang said. "I know, but it was a good surprise attack." I said as I dropped my sword staying on top of Zuko for an extra two seconds before getting off.  "At least you tried something different this time," Zuko said as I helped him up. "Guys look out!" Toph screamed. The building beside us instantly blew up in flames and all I could hear were loud sounds and screams. Before I could even react Zuko quickly tackled me to the ground, covering my body with his shielding me from the attack.