To Crush, Or To Be Crushed...

(Next chapter will be more eventful, I promise...)

"Finally!" you say triumphantly. "We got all of this decorating done!"

You and Wyatt had stayed a little later into the night to finish up some last minute stuff, letting Barry and the interns go home early since they were already gracious enough to help out. Now, as the sky darkened and the crickets began to chirp, you stood waiting on Wyatt as he locked the house back up. He turns back around and pockets the key, before letting out a sigh and stepping towards the walkway.

"I'd say we did a pretty decent job, yeah?" Wyatt says, checking his phone for the time before letting out a small yawn.

"Yeah, and in record time too." you reply sarcastically, even though it was 9:40 PM.

"Howard is on the way back from his Montreal trip, so we're lucky we finished when we did. Imagine how awkward it would've been if we didn't...just still putting shit around this guy's house while we're supposed to be at home, heh..." Wyatt chuckles.

"Whew, yeah. Seeing your boss at their house is like being a kid and seeing your teacher somewhere other than school. You think they live there, and then when they show a semblance of a life other than what we see, it's just..."

"Weird? Somehow slightly unsettling?"

"Exactly."

As the two of you make your way to your respective vehicles, you hear your stomach growl. It was then that you realized you hadn't barely eaten anything today, save for some toast for breakfast. Guess being too focused burns away an appetite like no tomorrow. You think nothing of it, and decide to brush it off, since there's always tomorrow, and you didn't feel like cooking.

"What was that...wait, was that your stomach?" Wyatt asks, turning to you with a smirk on his face that was visible even in the evening darkness.

"No, probably just something in the trees or whatever." you say, tugging open the door of the Lexus.

"Ah-ah-ah, not so fast..." the wolf says, his hand slowly creeping past your side and gently pushing the car door shut again.

You roll your eyes and turn around to look at him.

"When was the last time you ate?" he asks.

"Like...this morning, b-but it's not that big of a deal, okay? I'll probably eat something tomorrow-"

"Mm-mm, that won't do. There's a little diner not too far from here. C'mon, we're getting some food in you before you get home, I'll buy." Wyatt says.

"I...look, Wyatt, it's late, I'm sure you're tired, I'll be fine, okay?" you smile at him, seeing his genuine concern.

"Oh come on, you're not gonna make me eat alone are you? You know how depressing that would look? Some sad, lonely wolf chowing down on a thick, juicy steak all by himself..." Wyatt whines, his ears falling as he tries to pull of the puppy dog eyes.

"Alright, fine, I'll go..." you relent, locking the car once again, the lights flashing as you do so.

"That's more like it! Now, come on, we got about three and a half hours to kill before Howard gets back." Wyatt says, walking to his SUV.

You follow him, hopping into the passenger side of the dark Ford, and settling yourself into the seat before putting your seatbelt on. Wyatt turns the car on, and air poured through the vents before beginning to heat up, and he puts the car in reverse, before pulling out of the driveway and moving down the street.

Sometimes, you'd imagine yourself in a neighborhood like this. A big, nice house with all the bells and whistles, all to yourself. You did think about it not simply being for yourself, and possibly having someone with you, someone to share that space with, but it simply didn't seem possible.