"Oh...okay." I said uncomfortably. "I'm sorry if it upsets you." Colby said as I shook my head.

"No, it's not that. I just didn't know you were still smoking." I said as he came over and kissed my forehead.

I hated that the smell of cigarettes was comforting to me. As much as it upset me that they were essentially killing him from the inside, the smell reminded me of him.

"What time is it?" I asked as he wrapped his arms around me. "Only one thirty." He mumbled as I rested my head on his chest. "How was your nap?" Colby asked as I shook my head.

"Nightmare." I said quietly. "Wanna talk about it?" He asked as I shook my head.

"No. I think we should stop at McDonalds or something to get snacks for the kids." I said as he nodded.

"We can do that." He said then let go of me so we could go back to the car.

On the way to the school, we stopped and got the kids something from McDonald's.

We didn't get them full meals since I was going to cook dinner, but after the intensity that was this morning I thought it would be a peacemaker.

When we got to Juniper's school I looked over at Colby.

"You should go to collect her." I said causing him to tilt his head to the side. "You don't want to?" He asked as I chuckled.

"I want to but she requested I bring you with so it would be a huge surprise if you went to grab her." I said as he nodded.

"Enough said." He said then got out of the car and made his way towards the school.

I couldn't help but drool over how attractive he looked doing simple tasks.

The man was crafted by the Gods as far as I was concerned.

He looked so out of place, wearing a leather jacket and black jeans.

It was early September so people were pulling out their fall clothes but nobody was sporting a jacket like he was.

I noticed him talking to one of the moms that was also waiting for the kids to be let out.

I tried to not let the jealousy eat me alive but I wanted to punch her in the face for how she was smiling and laughing at Colby.

I mean yeah he was hot as fuck, but he was mine.

I was about five seconds from losing my shit when the doors to the school opened and the kindergartners came out.

When Juniper saw Colby her little face lit up and she ran over to him.

Colby smiled as he reached down and grabbed her bag, putting his hand on her head.

My heart melted as he took her hand and started leading her to the car. Juniper was smiling and talking as they walked closer to the car.

When she realized I was there, her face lit up once again. "Sissy!!" She said as Colby opened the door for her.

"Hey, love." I said as he lifted her into her car seat. "Jules, I don't know to do this." Colby said as I shrugged. "Just buckle her in. You got this, babe." I said with a laugh.

"I think I did it." Colby said as I turned to look. "Yeah, you got it." I said as he nodded and closed the door. "We got you some apple slices." I said and reached back, handing Juniper the bag of apples.

"Wow!" Juniper said with a smile then started to eat them as Colby drove to the other school.

Picking up the other kids was always much more anticlimactic because they could get in the car themselves.

The UnknownOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara