Part 50: Travelling To Kuroyuri

Start from the beginning

Ruby: Okay. Well, what about this place? (pointing) Kuro... Kuroyuri? Can we get help there?

Jaune approaches.

Ren: That village was destroyed years ago.

Jaune: But if it takes us around the mountains, it's the best bet we've got.

Ren: (sternly) It will take too long.

Ruby: The town would have had a doctor, right? Maybe we could scavenge for medicine!

Jaune: Right!

Ren: (closing his eyes, lowering his head and shaking it) We're not going to find anything! We just have to press on!

There is just a brief moment of silence. Ruby watches him, clutching her hands before her chest.

Jaune: Ren, why are you acting-

Nora: (cutting Jaune off and coming up beside Ren) We can split up.

Ruby: Huh?

Nora: (putting her hand on Ren's shoulder) Ren and I can cut through the mountains while you and Ruby take Y/n around through the village.

Jaune: No, we're supposed to stick together! We keep each other safe!

Nora: We don't have time for safe! If we make it to Mistral, we'll bring back help! If we don't, at least we'll have a better view of the land! Up there, we can see if there's somewhere else we can go!

Ren turns and looks at Nora. They exchange small, affectionate smiles. Still holding his gaze, Nora drops her hand from his shoulder. All four remain silent, feeling the weight of the choice before them. Qrow coughs, making them all turn in concern and giving the motive to continue.

Jaune looks at Ruby before turning to Nora and Ren.

Jaune: OK.

Jaune steps forward and he and Ren hug each other.

Jaune: Just take care of each other.

Nora: (smiling at Ren) We always have.

Qrow: Actually, I have an idea. How about I fly there and bring help for you guys. I'm not sure how long I'll be gone for But I'll try to come as quick as possible. I'll bring an airship.

Ruby: I was going to ask that actually. I think it's a good idea.

Jaune: Yeah.

Y/n: hdueikqnagxgge (Kill me now)

Ruby: That means that there will be no point going up in the mountains as Qrow will come back.

Ren knew Ruby was right and he reluctantly agreed.

A cracked signed bearing the name Kuroyuri rests against ruins. An upwards pan and several cuts show the dilapidated village. and walk down the road, carrying on a stretcher. They pause and look unhappily around.