Chap. 6 - Harem Mayhem (2)

Start from the beginning

"Ooo~, that country accent." Liu Lanzhi whispered to the woman with a gentle voice.
"Wow, I have never seen two people who are such opposite." the rude one laughed. "Is this your first time Mei-hui? You look so nervous."
"Y-yes." (Y/n) scratched her cheek with a bashful look. "I've had a lot of...missions before, but none of them involved so many beautiful ladies."
"Aawww!!!" the women all said.
"Yeah, careful girls, this one's a charmer." Monkey covered his grin with the tips of his fingers. "Despite his innocent face, on our way here, his words were as sweet as honey."
"What?! That's not-!" she exclaimed, blushing, but then stopped herself.
'It I deny what he says, it'll look suspicious.'
"Isn't he adorable?" Monkey cupped his face in his hand, looking at the other ladies who agreed with him.
'Monkey you tease!' she glared at him. 'You'll pay for this!'

"We best be off now." Quiyu placed a hand on her shoulder. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to call for us." he nodded before the two of them left.
Soldiers were already standing by every door and every window, some of them stepped aside so that they could join them. (Y/n) gave them a small 'thank you' as she and Qiuyu took their place.
"So!" Monkey leaned back in his seat. "What did we miss?"
"Oh nothing, we were just chit-chatting."
"We should introduce ourselves again." Minhua suggested. "I'm Minhua."
'We know.'
"I'm Qinbao." the rude one reached for a snack on the table, she seemed to be the only one who's ever touched them. "If I'm being mean, I apologize. That's just my character." she chuckled.
"My name is Shuchun." the one with a gentle voice said. "I do hope we get along."
"And I'm Liu Lanzhi."
"You already told them that." Qinbao tapped her arm.
"Oh!" she let out a carefree laugh, scratching her head. "Sorry!"

"Alright alright, it's nice to meet you all." Monkey then gestured towards himself and Nian Zhen. "Well you know us: Peishan and Wanjie. We may not look like it but we're not from around here." he leaned closer. "Where are you all from anyway?"
"I'm originally from the city of Ch'ien." Qinbao said. "But I've been moving around for a year or so now."
'The one with the rich brat?!' (Y/n)'s eyes widen in surprise. 'I didn't know the city was named after his family. Maybe they founded it...'
"I'm from a town by the North border." Liu Lanzhi smiled. "Traveled a whoooole lot to get here!"
"I'm from a small village in the middle of nowhere." Shuchun chuckled nervously. "Very few people know about it, even I can't pronounce its name it's so old."
"Try, maybe I know it." Lanzhi leaned closer. "Like I said, traveled a whoooole lot."
"It's um..." she thought for a long moment. "Walk South for a couple of months, then East for seven days and six nights. Passed a mountain, the next say you'll find a forest. That's where it is."

There was a moment of silence. Everyone looked at her confused. Even (Y/n) looked at her with big eyes.
"I told you!" she exclaimed, flustered to be the center of attention. "It's not even on any map."
"So you're like a diamond in the rough then!" Lanzhi tilted her head.
"Kinda like you isn't it?" Qiuyu glanced at (Y/n).
"...I suppose so- Diamond?" she suddenly looked at him, her cheeks a bit pinker. "I wouldn't really say that."
"I was referring to your village, but whatever you wanna hear." he shrugged, containing a chuckle.
"Ah-" she pursued her lips and looked away.
'With his voice, you'd think everything he says is flirty!' she lightly shook her head. 'I'll have to think twice next time.'

"And I come from Chentang Pass." Minhua said.
"Ooo~!" the ladies all said together.
"Okay. That's going *way* farther than me." Lanzhi nodded, pointing at her. "You beat me on this one."
Minhua chuckled.
"Not just that." Monkey leaned closer. "Isn't that where the Third Prince Lotus is from?"
"Yes. Yes, well..." she flipped her hair to be behind her shoulders, clearly concealing excitement. "He's kind of my guardian."
The ladies all suddenly squealed, scaring (Y/n) and Nian Zhen in the process.
"Oh my Lord no waaaay!" Qinbao exclaimed. "You're lying."
"I'm not! He's been my family's guardian all thanks to one of my ancestors who saved him when they were kids."
'Saved him?' (Y/n) tilted her head. 'Could it be that the story shifted over the years...?'