Chapter Two ~ The Girls and I

Leah🫶🏼

Hey, I'm about to come down, meet me please and thank you :)

Okay Okay, be at the top of the stairs in five you weirdo x

Okie Dokie x

Never say that again, please and thank you... :)

* * *

"took your time," I joked when Leah finally showed up at the stairs.

"I'm one minute late, get over yourself Tara," Leah laughed back before nudging me a little to begin our walk down to the rest of the girls.

"Met Ellie," I blurted out bluntly.

"Yeah? You like her?" Leah asked back, not being able to tell what I thought about her from my previous words.

"Yeah... yeah she's nice, I think,"

"you think? doesn't sound too good..." Leah raised an eyebrow at me while opening the door at the bottom of the staircase.

"No, It's good don't worry, just haven't spoke to her much yet, she left pretty much as soon as she got in..." I said, not really focussed on walking, zoning out until Leah stopped and opened another set of double doors.

"wanna go in first?" she suggested and I looked at her as if she were mad. She took the hint and entered first, me trailing behind before finding my space next to her. At our entrance, most of the girls looked our way. I had managed to track down Ellie within the crowd who, once again, looked away as soon as she saw me, weird.

Ellie's reaction must have effected me more than I thought it had because I felt Leah nudge me a little and bring me back to earth "you good?" she asked and I nodded my head in response.

"TARA!" Beth called from the other side of the room, running over to me and picking me up in a hug, "when did you get here?" she questions.

"oh earlier, I wanted to freshen up a little before I came to say hi," I replied before digging my head into her neck to hug her again.

"glad you're here now T," another voice said while I was hugging Beth.

"Lotte!!" I called as the brunette pulled me into a tight hug.

"alright little one?" she laughed as I wrapped my arms around her. I sighed at the nickname and pulled away.

"I'm so glad you guys are here, you don't even know," I smiled, looking back at Leah this time as well, "Right, I wanna meet everyone now," I said, more confident now that I had my girls.

-

Meeting the girls went really well, apart from Ellie. How on earth am I going to survive rooming with her when she won't even look at me? Other than that, the girls were really nice and I knew they were going to make this even more special. We were all sat in the relax room, it was about 3:30 in the afternoon and everyone was tired from travelling. Rach and Millie were busy getting a joint score on the basketball, Lucy and Keira were sat on the beanbags chatting and Ellie was with Alex on the opposite side of the room.

The blonde had still failed to look at me the whole time I had been there and It was starting to confuse me. I had even traced back all my games in my head to see if I had maybe done something.

"what are you thinking about?" Leah snaps me out of my daze and I just stare blankly at her until I realise I'm meant to speak.

"Ellie," I say as the blonde takes a seat on the sofa next to me.

"ooo, she's crushing," Leah teases but then notices the look on my face.

"no, she's confused, She won't even look at me Leah? maybe I'm over thinking but, how am I supposed to room with someone who won't even acknowledge that I'm there?" I say and Leah shifts here gaze over to Ellie.

"That is very unlike her, but just see how it goes, maybe it's nerves, Ellie can be shy sometimes," Leah tried to reassure me but something told me that she wasn't just shy.

"yeah maybe, I'm gonna go back up to my room," I said, but Leah gave me a look of disappointment.

"oh no you're not, you've been here half an hour," Leah responded and I gave her a pleading look, "maybe if you stay, you'll realise you're over thinking this whole Ellie thing and you just haven't had chance to talk properly yet,". The girl had a point, so I decided I would stay a little longer and play a game with the girls.

-

We were currently all sat around the small coffee table, some on bean bags, some on sofas and others sat on the floor. I'd decided to sit with Alessia and Ella this time, instead of making Leah feel like a baby sitter the whole time. Ellie had sat with Alex opposite and still refused to meet my gaze.

"So, Tara, where are you from?" Keira asked from across the circle.

"Near Birmingham actually, but me and my family moved to North London when I was five, hence why I signed for Arsenal," I responded and a few of the girls nodded their heads.

"plus, it's the only good team to sign for, Tara," Leah laughed which caused a few to disagree.

"How long have you been at arsenal?" Lucy added.

"since I was 11, always been a gooner," I laughed causing a few others to laugh with me. during this conversation, Ellie had been sat on her phone, not even wishing to be part of it. Alex had been involved though which calmed my nerves a little, at least it wasn't two against one. Alex was the next to ask a question.

"Tara, is there a boyfriend?" the blonde asked and at this, Ellie's eye shot up from her phone and gave Alex a death stare. I noticed this action before answering her question.

"oh, aha, no there isn't, I don't wish for there to be either," I laughed. This was the first time I managed to catch eye contact with Ellie and I'm sure a small smile crept to her face before she hid her face back in her phone.

Could it be? surely not. I've never met or spoken to the girl before today. I guess we'll have to see what happens.