Chapter Nine

So it's been five hours, and the girls haven't returned to the motel. Traitors.

Knock

Knock

"Monnie opens the damn door," A voice hollered. I got off the bed and walked up to look through the peephole.

"The person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable; please leave a message after the beep, BEEP," I screamed in the last part. I flopped back onto the bed, ignoring the knocking. Ten minutes went by, and the door ended up flying.

"I told you to open the door," Saint sighed.

"That was quite an impact there, bud," I chuckled, continuing to lay down. I'm not leaving. "I'm not paying for that, by the way."

"You're safer if you come with me," he softly said, sitting beside me on the bed.

"Nope, I will stay right here,"

"You're testing my patience with you," he bellowed.

"You don't know the first thing about me," I mumbled, closing my eyes.

"Quit being so scared; you don't have to fight your demons alone," he expressed. I felt the bed shift as he pulled me to his body.

"I'm not scared."

"Sure sounds like it if you were running for five years," he explained.

"Not really."

"We're gonna get nowhere if you keep this up," Saint sighed, pulling me up to his chest in a hug. I just lay there contemplating where to go from here.

"I can help you, sweet cheeks."

"You have no idea the people you would be facing because of us," I whispered hoarsely. Nobody understands. They would make our deaths slow and painful.

"You could show me," he suggested sheepishly.

"Your fucking crazy," I snorted.

"I'm not crazy; I'm just realistic," he chuckled.

"That's not realistic," I retorted.

"Sure seems like it."

"If I go with you, will you stop pestering me about my business?" I asked, sitting up and looking at him.

"Maybe," he contemplated.

"Whatever, just give me a minute to get my clothes," I said, getting up from the bed. I grabbed my duffle bag and put my new clothes and shoes inside before returning to Saint.

"I'm ready," I smiled, putting my hands on my hips.

"That's all you have?" he asked.

"Yeah, my entire life is in my bike and this duffle bag," I stated defensively. I turned around and walked out of the broken door.

I followed Saint on my bike for the next half hour through some affluent neighborhood. For a biker, he sure does have a luxurious taste. I wonder what he does to get this kind of money.

The housing seemed to be spread through vast amounts of trees, so practically every house was a mile apart. Motorcycles littered the driveway, pulling into the house. More than just one person lived here, that's for sure.

Got damn, that's a lovely house.

"You live here," I gawked as we got off our bikes

"Yes and no," he stated, clicking his tongue. I didn't ask anything further and just followed him into the house. Walking into the house was like another dream.

"So what do you think?" Saint smirked, looking around at the people walking throughout the house

"I've seen better," I answered cockily. I have seen better. I come from money.

"Rude," he chuckled, pulling me through the house by my arm. His touch was gentle and safe.

"There you are, babes," I heard one of my girls shout. I looked toward the yelling, and Rene came running at me. This woman is a fucking bulldozer.

"Why didn't you just come with us?" she asked, looming me over.

"Because I didn't want to," I mumbled, looking anywhere but at her.

"Do you even understand how worried we were," Jenna snapped, walking up to me. Tears started to well up in my eyes.

"I can handle my own, and you know that," I quietly said as my bottom lip trembled.

"You don't get to cry because I don't think you understand the severity of our situation," Jenna stated thoughtfully. "Do you understand what could have happened if he found you... Alone," she rambled on.

"..." I didn't answer

"Huh, do you?"

"Yes, okay, I know," I cried, away from them, squatting and putting my head in my hands.

"Then you need to make better decisions next time, Monnie," she said softly, patting my head. I understand what she's saying because I'm the youngest out of the three of us. I should have been more careful.

"Come on, get up," Saint spoke, putting his hands under my arms and picking me up.

"I can walk, you know," I mumbled again. Instinctively, my legs wrapped around his torso.

"I know, but you're too upset to get off the floor," he stated, referring to my previous position. I rested my head on his shoulder, looking behind him at the girls as he walked away from them. They giggled and stuck their tongues out, so I flipped them off, causing them to laugh more.

"You need to get cleaned up," he said, stating the obvious. "You smell like smoke and motor oil," he chuckled, walking up a set of stairs.

"So, at least I know how to work on a bike," I mumbled into his shoulder.

"That you do."