🍋 Chapter 45: Bashful beast

Start from the beginning

Axel abruptly stopped and dropped the bone knife down. He turned his body back to me and brushed off my pinching finger off of his cheek. There I saw his ruby eyes looking right at mine. The moment his mouth moved I was in a daze with his serious expression on him.

"Yes, you are indeed a clumsy little mouse. When we were baking you spilled so much batter everywhere and I had to clean everything up. No offense, little mouse but if you carry the cake you might trip. It's better to have me carry everything. If you hold everything the food will end up destroyed by the time we get to the garden." Axel stated with one hundred percent honesty.

"Hmph!" I pouted.

"Whatever, just so that you know I did not trip, there was an actual mouse in the kitchen! It was really big that's why I fell" I said, not admitting to anything!

I was confused why Axel began patting my head. I saw his smirky grin when he looked at me. But as his face leaned closer to my ear, he whispered to me "Yeah whatever you say. The only mouse I saw was the white haired female in front of me. Don't know how that mouse got in the kitchen but it was there"

"What?!" I said in shock.

He walked away to get something from the kitchen in the wooden cabinets. My head was full of irritation when seeing his victory grin in the air. When Axel came back I had an idea that popped into my mind.

I yelled calling his name and there he turned his face to look at me.

" What?" he questioned.

"Turn around!" I commanded with my hands on my hips. My pouty face showed when looking at him.

He had a confused expression on his face but he did it anyway. He turned around wearing woven mittens in his hands while carrying a spoon. When he did it I had my words ready to hit him where it hurted. Everything came to a halt when seeing his body in full view. I realized what he was wearing all this time!

"KKKyyyyyyaaaaaaa!! How adorable!" I said.

I screamed forgetting that Axel had my apron and mittens on! He was just so cute and adorable I wanted to dress him up more! To make him even cuter than he was now.

When we were baking I told him to wear an apron and offered him mine just to tease him. At first he had refused to not wear my apron. But who in the world wouldn't want to wear my apron?! It was my personal apron, the leopard queen to be exact. He should be lucky to wear my apron. It was personally designed by me.

My apron was light pink and white with cute ruffles that had patterns of flowers in it. It had two pockets on each side with embroidered cats.

When he refused and told me that he wanted to switch I declined. With my big brain I told him it wasn't his size and that he needed to wear mine since it was the only one available. Even though there were many other aprons available I intentionally hid it from him because I wanted to see him wear it.

"Ha! That's what you get for calling me a klutz!" I thought. My confidence shot up when seeing the tiger male wearing a pink kawaii apron on him. With white mittens on his hands.

Axel reacted by clicking his tongue irritated that I brought up him wearing my apron. Since he himself did not like wearing it one bit. I wasn't that evil of a person. He didn't ask me anything but he didn't have to wear an apron in the kitchen. After all, he was washing and cutting the produce.

" I am done packing everything in the basket. Shall we go back?" Axel asked.

"Yea, we shall"

After we cleaned up, me and Axel descended down stairs back to the garden. He held the basket filled with food and the cake while I held the folded up picnic blanket. The closer we came down stairs, the closer we could hear the loud yells of a female. I could already hear the mouths of the noisy female and her males shouting to the leopard guards. Hearing the female yelling the loudest of all in an angry and bratty tone was a dead giveaway. I knew that meeting her or talking to her would not be pleasant.