"He had a God take pity on him and took his soul to the realm between the world of the living and the afterlife. He made a request to protect you and your friends. The God was moved by his selfless wish and granted him a new life, but it would cost him. He had his memories sealed... Unfortunately, it was to the point where he could no longer recall his own name."

"Damn it!" A nine tailed fox yelled. She didn't bother hiding her tears.

"How'd he die?" A purple dragon asked.

"He stared at his enemy directly in the eye, and killed himself out of pure spite." The Jackal with badges wrapped around his arms chuckled.

"Yeah, that sounds like him." He said. Unfortunately, everyone had to agree.

"He had joined the army prior to that. Making it through Basic and up to Christmas Leave before appearing in Avalice. After he returned, his superiors took the chance to make him the perfect soldier."

"They... They brain washed him..." The woman said.

"Yes... They did. He'd go through the entirety of his Advanced Individual Training (AIT) before being forced to go to RASP to become an Army Ranger."

"Why? What was so important that they had to have an amnesiac soldier become special forces?" A Golden Retriever asked as she looked at the masked being.

"Russia invaded Ukraine. The United States had been sending equipment to help the Ukrainians, but it heated up to the point that Americans began to get deployed to fight. Russia said they pulled back their forces, but continued to supply weapons and men to help with an insurgency which was also backed by China in the same way as Russia. Both the United States and Russia were threatening to utilize their nuclear warheads."

"What?! You mean that..." The human woman was cut off once more.

"Yes, they're at the precipice of a third world war. Unfortunately, Hunter would be fighting on the front lines." The being waited to let the information sink in before she continued. "Worse, every team he was sent out will end up dying; leaving him alone. His call sign was then changed from Hero, a nickname because no one could pronounce his last name, to Black Cat, to call him bad luck. He'd be sent to do solo missions or to execute prisoners that outlived their usefulness."

"I can guess why... So if anyone found out that the Army was executing prisoners, they could put the blame on Hunter." The masked creature only nodded. "So... No matter what he did, he always got the short end of the stick."

"Indeed, but this is where he'd meet his long time friend; Lupa." The masked being snapped her fingers to show a female wolf wearing a brown jacket with a gray hoodie underneath. On her back was an AK platform rifle.

"What happened?" The Shark with the shotgun asked

"He'd be forced to survive in a forest of unspeakable horrors. In order to survive, he committed every crime and taboo from stealing food from those more deserving to committing cannibalism after starving for weeks on end."