Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter? And the V̵͎͕̿̈ȯ̴͔̜͓̊i̸̦̇̈́d̵̺͖̭̓?̴̨̱̱͑͆ Part 3

Start from the beginning

Toby’s face turned shocked, “Inconclusive!”  Toby scoffs, “Not doing that again,”  

Vendel starts walking away, as you quickly and swiftly like the wind catch up beating Jim to his question.  You politely ask, “Sir Vendel?  What exactly does inconclusive mean?”  You blinked, as Jim quickly nodded in agreement.  

Vendel turns to you, “It means Miss Y/n that the Trollhunter, that there’s never been a human to bear this mantle before.”  Vendel’s looks toward Jim with a frown on his face, “The Soothsayer needs more time to render it’s judgment.”  Vendel’s words cut sharper and darker in the word Judgment.  “Let us all hope you live long enough to see.”  Vendel walked away, and stopped for a quick second.  “Miss Y/n if you ever need anything feel free to come here…”   

You raised your eyebrows in surprise as even Blinky looked at you in surprise guessing he wasn’t expecting that offer at all, most likely assuming that nobody has ever gotten an offer like that much less for a human at that.  

The three of you started walking down towards Jim’s house on the way home with your bikes you being on the left side of Jim and Toby on the right.  

“Oh, what have I gotten myself into?”  Jim huffs out as his shoulders are slightly slouched.  

You just chuckled slightly even though it wasn’t very funny in the first place, and Toby smiled slightly “Um…trolls, cool underground city, indigenous gemforms, Hearthstone?”  

“What Toby is most likely saying is that you’ve gotten yourself into an amazing situation that fits into awesome-mania,”  You finish for Toby and Toby nodding energetically.  

Jim huffs again, “If I survive!”  

Toby looks towards JIm with a huge smile on his face, his braces sparkling slightly in the soft street lights, “Come on! You’re going to get trained by the best! Blinky is-”  Jim cuts Toby off adding another point into the situation.

“His last guy got torn limb from limb…on his first night!”  

There was an awkward silence as it got tense that you could cut it like butter, and you wanted to break that awkwardness.  

“Well, at least you didn’t have a rocky start and got stoned to death.”  Toby and Jim just stare at you with a dead-panned face.  

“Really N/n?”  Jim asks, “This is the worst time for puns…”

You slightly giggled, “Yeah, but you're smiling!”  

Jim slaps a hand on his face, “I know! And I hate it!” 

Toby just chuckles and goes back to the previous conversation, “So, there’s nowhere to go but up.”  Toby stops as he notices a car in Jim’s driveway.  “Oh, no! Looks like your mom’s home.”  

You turned towards Toby already ready for a ridiculous excuse he was going to have just used, “Okay, quick, I was bike-jacked by three- no, make it seven–”  Toby pauses for a second.  “Members of the Bratva. Which is a Russian mob.”  

You sighed as you shook your head, “Or we could tell her your bike got hit by a car, but you're totally fine.”  You said with a small smile on your face, and Jim realaxes at that too, a smile reaching his face too.

Toby blinks and replies in a relaxed voice, “That works too, I guess.”  

“Night, Tobes.”  Jim says as he starts walking up the driveway with you following right behind while waving at Toby bye. As he also starts walking towards his house.