Becoming Part 3

You shake your head and chuckle as Jim tries to get the amulet to talk again. You were on the couch sitting across from Jim as the Food magic 3000 ad was playing on the Tv.

Do you ever wish you could find something that would make your life easier? The ability to do the amazing? Well, look no further because Food Magic is here. That's right, Food Magic...

You chuckled to yourself, and turned to Jim you were tapping an amulet trying to get it to do something.

"It's silly, how ironic it is that so many commercials for such simple things just are trying to scam you for your money or just try to get your attention," You say to Jim, he nods and hums in response.

'I am Gun Robot. Pick up your phone-' It was Toby's calling message or ringtone going off on Jim's phone. Jim picked up the phone with a slight smile on his face, and answered.

"Hey, Tobes," Jim answered by putting the phone on speaker so you both could hear him.

"Hello, Toby," You say too.

"Hey Y/n. Jim, Did it talk again? Did it do anything interesting?" Toby asks eagerly.

"Nope," Jim and you say at the same time, popping the P. You softly laugh at your synchronization.

Toby's Nana called out to Toby in the background on his side of the line. "Toby Pie! Dinner!" You slightly cringed at the loud high pitch voice of Tobys Nana.

"In a minute, Nana! I've got to go. Text me if it does anything cool," Toby whispers and quickly hangs up, probably now running downstairs to his house's dining room.

...setting the table, setting the china, Going to China... A new commercial is now playing in the background on the Tv once you hit the Tv remote to change the channel.

*Ring* You turned back to Jim and saw the amulet now glowing a bright blue along with letting out a slight ringing sound.

"Uh, is that what you wanted to show me?" You asked unsure on how to approach this.

Jim slid down from the coaches armrest and onto the actual cushion.

"Um...Hi. How are you doing? I'm Jim, but then you knew that because you spoke my name, which is...weird." You faced plammed and slid your hand down your face at Jim's awkwardness of handling the situation. "Hello? Anybody in there?" You chuckled lightly as Jim asked, tapping the amulet while doing so, groaning putting his arms down to the side. "And now, I'm talking to an inanimate object, with Y/n here." Jim muttered the last part which you didn't hear.

You slightly laughed at Jim's slight defeated look, and shook your head while crossing your arms. "It's alright you just want answers to your question in that thick head of yours."

That got Jim to slightly snap, as he brought it to his face and brought his finger up like he was scolding a child. "Come on! Talk again or you are going up on eBay," Just as Jim finishes his sentence a loud crash was heard startling you both as you nearly fell off the couch seat you were resting on. Catching your balance you and Jim looked at each other, and you both got up after Jim set the Amulet on the Coffee table.

Following right behind Jim he goes and opens the door to the basement, peering in as it looks oddly eerie than it usually was. Some more clattering continued, then almost knowingly Jim explained, "Raccoons!" Immediately grabbing the broom that laid next to the basement door.

Going down a few steps Jim holds on to the edge of the wooden beam squinting his eyes to look for the said raccoons with you peering right over his shoulder.

'If only you knew Jim if only you knew...' You thought wirely as you heard footsteps retreating and saw three rocks rolling on the cement of the basement floor next to the furnace. Jim nervously gripped both hands onto the broom handle and creeped further down the basement stairs.