“What fabric softener do you guys use?”

Sana blinks at her for a second before she laughs. “Are you seriously asking me that?”

Y/n shrugs, biting down on her lip. “Your clothes always smell really good.”

Sana chuckles softly, leaning in to smell at the shirt Y/n’s wearing, her nose pressing into Y/n’s shoulder. “It smells like nothing to me.”

“Really?”

“My mom’s been using it since I was little. I must’ve gotten used to it.” Sana shrugs. “And it’s called summer breeze. I’ll show you the packaging later, if you want.”

“Summer breeze.” Y/n mumbles. “How fitting.” She looks at Sana, a streak of sunlight over her eyes, blinding her. Y/n lifts her hand to block the sunlight and cast a shadow so it doesn’t hurt Sana’s eyes anymore.

Sana gives her a warm look at her action. “Yeah, how fitting.” They sit in silence for a moment before Sana suddenly sits up straighter. “Do you want to see something cool?”

Y/n nods and Sana grips her wrist and tugs her down the stairs and outside into the garden. The left side is covered in neat bushes, some of the berries are growing there, but Y/n isn’t sure what Sana wants to show her when the younger suddenly kneels down in front of them and tells Y/n to do the same.

“We’re not too late!” Sana exclaims, making Y/n knit her eyebrows together in confusion.

“Too late for what?”

“Shh, just watch.”

Y/n sighs and looks at the bush in front of them. There are a few greenish white flower buds sticking out, but they’re closed, so Y/n doesn’t see what the big deal is—

Until one of the flowers suddenly starts to open up.

And then the rest of them, too.

It happens extremely slowly, but Y/n can clears see the petals slowly unfold. She’s seen flowers bloom before of course, but it’s mostly been in documentaries and even then, the videos were sped up because flowers don’t just bloom within seconds.

“Why is that happening?” Y/n asks stupidly.

Sana snorts. “They bloom when the sun starts setting. As in, they only bloom at night. Isn’t that the coolest thing in the world?”

Y/n smiles, still watching the flowers unfold. “It’s really cool.”

“Why are you so underwhelmed? You could at least act excited.” Sana mutters with a scowl, making Y/n chuckle.

“Hey, I am excited.” Y/n nudges her. “I promise, it’s the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. But what happens to them when the sun comes back?”

“They die.” Sana explains. “And then in the evening, there’s a new bud in the old one’s place. Like they’re being reborn.”

“That’s deep.”

“I’m a deep person.”

Y/n laughs and Sana looks so offended and adorable and really, those flowers aren’t the only thing that are blooming in that moment.