01: attitude

SUMIN'S POV

"Aera get the fuck over here." I called over to my best friend who was behind me on my bed, keeping my eyes on the dimly lit computer screen.

"Jesus, what is it?" She whined as she scurried over and plopped down beside me.

"Only the fact that Stray Kids is dropping their new comeback album in exactly two minutes and twenty-eight seconds!" I shrieked, finding it difficult to stay in my seat with the adrenaline surging in my blood.

Aera rolled her eyes. "How could I forget? You won't shut up about it."

I glared at her and threw one of my pillows straight into her face.

She was already picking the pillow up, reclining her arm to launch it at my face until I interrupted her again.

"40 FUCKING SECONDS!" I failed at maintaining my composure and I jumped from my spot in exhilaration.

"Judging from your excitement I'm assuming you want to buy the album as soon as it drops?" Aera cocked a brow as I nodded and bounced in place.

"And how exactly are you going to get there? Last time I checked, you didn't have a car." She scoffed and folded her arms over her chest.

I rolled my eyes at her reminder. "I'm saving up!"

Aera laughed, even though I didn't mean for it to be a joke. "Sure, because you totally wouldn't spend it on an ITZY concert or something."

She was about to say something else before I cut her off.

"EIGHT SECONDS!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Aera cupped her hands over her ears. "What the hell, Sumin. Are you a pterodactyl? You're making my eardrums combust."

I was too excited to care. "IT'S OUT!" I shrieked at the top of my lungs.

I grabbed Aera by the wrist and yanked her off my bed, dragging her down the stairs to the front entry way where my parents kept a bowl for all the important keys and other knick-knacks.

"WATCH IT!" she screamed, but the smile on my face was even louder.

Knowing my older brother, Ji-Ho, this was where he was likely to keep his keys.

"Aha!" I grinned as I fished the car keys out from the bottom of the pot. Aera made a face.

"You look like a mass murderer who was just handed an artillery gun."

I laughed and tugged on my shoes.

"Are you coming or not?" I asked.

Aera sighed, "Who's going to stop you from spending your entire life savings on K-Pop albums?"

"Yay!" I squealed and clapped my hands excitedly. We walked out of the house and I unlocked the car. We quickly sat in our seats and buckled up. I was about to connect the radio to my Spotify when Ji-Ho walked out from the garage.

Just my luck.

He crossed his arms and bent down to see who was in the car with me. Aera gave him a small wave. I rolled my eyes when Ji-Ho knocked on the window.

I rolled down the window. "What?"

Ji-Ho scoffed. "I should be the one asking why the fuck you're in my car." He leaned against the mail box.

"I'm going to get the new Stray Kids album, duh." I said as if it should be obvious, already revving the engine up.

Ji-Ho shook his head firmly. "It's my car, and you'd probably wreck it at the first intersection if you put on the radio."