They keep watering the plants for a while longer, the sun blazing on Y/n’s skin and making the back of her neck itch.

As if sensing Y/n’s discomfort, Jiyeon reaches out to take the watering can from Y/n’s hands, shushing her immediate protests. “You’ve helped enough, dear. Go inside and relax a little, yes?”

“No, it’s okay—“

“Y/n.” She looks down at her with hard eyes, leaving her no room for discussion. “Go inside.”

Y/n quickly nods her head, smiling to herself when she hears Sana’s mom chuckling at her when she’s walking inside.

Sana isn’t there, not that Y/n expected her to be. She honestly has no idea what to do, if she should go and look for her and apologize or just wait for Sana to approach her on her own.

“Do you want a smoothie?”

Y/n’s head snaps up from where she’d been standing in the living room like an idiot. Minah is standing in the kitchen on top of a small chair as she cuts what looks to be fruit. She’s wearing a yellow bandana on top of her head. “Are you making one?” She asks, slowly approaching her.

She nods her head. “They’re all from our garden.” She mumbles, pointing at the various berries scattered on top of the surface. “Except for the bananas and the melons. That would be cool, though.”

“I’ve never made a smoothie before.”

“Really?” She looks at her with a raised eyebrow, giggling when Y/n shakes her head in embarrassment. “You decide which fruits you want and I’ll do it for you, okay?”

Y/n nods her head and decides to go for all the fruits and points at the box of blood orange juice when asked which juice she wants. Minah won’t let her help cut the fruit and she tries not to anxiously reach out every time the knife slips in her hands. “You should open up a smoothie bar.” She says when she hands her a deep pink raspberry to try.

“I already have!” She exclaims excitedly. “At the cake shop! I personally am not allowed to work there, because I’m twelve” She rolls her eyes. “But I helped setting it up and I decorated the whole section in the store.”

“That’s impressive, Minah” Y/n chuckles. “You’d make a good business woman.”

“I am.” She looks at her with a strange smile. “I have an online store where I sell vegan body care products.”

Y/n laughs, until she realizes that she’s being serious, which is when her smile fades completely. “Wait, really?”

She hums with a proud smirk. “One of Sana’s friends set up the whole homepage and my mom mostly handles all the administrative stuff but I make the products myself. I bought a Nintendo 3DS with the money recently.”

Y/n just stares at her, wanting to crawl into her bed and hide because a twelve year old little girl is more successful than she’ll ever be in her life. But Minah looks so proud of herself, and this is Sana’s little sister and that fact alone makes Y/n feel strangely proud of the young girl, too. “I don’t know what to say. You’re really something different, aren’t you?”

She nods happily, pouring the chopped up fruits into the blender. “Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Do you like my sister?”

Y/n looks up from the mixer, meeting her eyes, and it’s almost scary how similar they are to Sana’s; clear and open and so determined. “Of course I do. We’re friends.”