Hinata tells Y/n a lot about fishing and Y/n listens attentively, asking questions in between. She looks out of the window, squinting her eyes against the sunlight slowly bathing the landscape in a warm orange colour.

They stop at a gas station because Hinata has to refuel and fix the tire pressure in one of the tires. The lake is further away than Y/n expected it to be because they’ve been on the road for half an hour and Hinata tells her it’ll be another thirty minutes until they’re there.

While Sana’s dad disappears inside the gas station Y/n gets out of the car to stretch her legs, but mostly watch the sun rise behind the mountains in the distance. She sits down on the grass, huddling into Sana’s sweater. There’s a squirrel only a few feet next to her and it even approaches Y/n, simply staring at her while holding something in it’s paws.

“It must be used to humans.” Sana suddenly speaks next to her, making Y/n jump and the squirrel run off into the bushes.

“To quiet humans, maybe.” Y/n huffs, a little annoyed that the cute squirrel ran off.

Sana sits down next to her, chuckling. “I’m sorry. There will be a bunch of squirrels at the lake. I’ll introduce you to them.”

Y/n laughs, turning to face her properly. Sana’s hair is sticking up in all directions, so Y/n reaches out to fix it for her. “What were you doing back there?”

Instead of leaning away from her, Sana closes her eyes and leans into Y/n’s space, looking like she’s going to fall asleep. “Dad’s car may be expensive but the back seats are uncomfortable as hell.”

“You can sit at the front if you want.” Y/n says, keeping her voice quiet for some reason. Maybe because it’s still so early in the morning.

“Nah, it’s fine.” Sana yawns and blinks at her and then she leans in until her forehead is pressed against the curve of Y/n’s shoulder.

It can’t be comfortable because Y/n is so bony but Sana sighs, slumping a little against her. Y/n’s heart is doing all sorts of crazy flips behind her ribs, urging her to wrap her arm around Sana, pull her closer.

A part of her Is sure Sana wouldn’t push her away, but the other part of her doesn’t want to do anything like that before talking to Sana.

Lisa was right, about Y/n having to stop being a coward.

She’s thought about it for long last night, and Y/n doesn’t really plan on leaving Sana’s house without letting the girl know about her feelings.

But it’s hard.

It’s hard to stay in your lane when you’re in love with someone, and they’re like this, so close and warm and pliant. Sana is doing crazy things to Y/n’s sanity.

“You smell like me.” Sana suddenly says, voice hushed. “Like Minah’s body wash.”

Y/n gulps, turning her head a little until she has Sana’s soft hair right under her nose. It smells fresh and minty. “I used some of it. I wanted to ask but, I was kind of naked.”

Sana smiles. Y/n can’t see her lips but she sees her cheeks bunch up. She’s so cute. Sana is so damn cute.

Y/n is so, so in love with her.

“You didn’t have to ask.” Sana mumbles. “I like it.”

Y/n gulps nervously, feels her heart swell with hope and affection. “Me too.”

Sana pulls away to look at her, another sigh leaving her lips.

They sit like that for a while, not speaking, listening to the cars passing them on the highway, birds chirping, the faint music from inside the gas station. It’s seems like such a peaceful world like this.