Sana tells her some things about fishing, that her dad’s been doing it since he was a teenager after learning from his own father and while Sana isn’t exactly as passionate about it as her dad is, she still keeps him company whenever he comes home during summer.

After a few minutes Sana’s dad comes inside, snatching Sana’s coffee away to drink the rest himself.

“Did you sleep well, Y/n?” He asks, fixing the black rimmed glasses sitting on his nose. Y/n stares at them for a moment, thinking of her own glasses that are still in her car.

She only took the pair Sana made for her. She’s only been using those ever since Sana left.

But she wasn’t sure if it was such a good idea to wear them in front of Sana after everything that’s happened, and after what Sana said to her last night, she figures she should avoid wearing them when Sana’s around.

So she’s kind of as blind as a bat right now, but if it makes Sana feel more comfortable around her it doesn’t really matter how much Y/n can see.

“Yes, thank you.” Y/n remembers to answer.

“Y/n, your hair is all wet.” The man scolds, walking over to brush his hand over the wet strands of Y/n’s hair. “It might be summer but it’s still quite fresh outside in the mornings. You should go upstairs and dry them before we leave, yeah?”

Y/n flushes when Sana’s dad ruffles Y/n’s hair as if he’s trying to get the wetness out of them. “I didn’t want to wake up the others.”

The man grumbles something and shakes his head. “Sana, go grab a hat for your friend.”

“No, seriously it’s fine—“

“My house, my rules.” Sana’s dad smiles at her. Je squeezes Y/n’s shoulder, strong and firm, and Y/n feels like melting into a puddle.

Sana is giving Y/n a strange look, having picked up on Y/n’s questionable reaction to her dad seemingly normally conversing with her. “I’ll be right back.” Sana says, her eyes staying on Y/n for a moment longer before she leaves.

“Come on. Let’s wait for her in the car.” Sana’s dad says. “This way you can sit at the front. Sana would fight you for it otherwise.”

Y/n smiles and follows the man outside. She figures she should stop calling Sana’s dad the man in her head. His name’s Hinata.

Sana joins them before Y/n can even open the door to the car, running up to Y/n with more energy than anyone really should have this early in the morning. “Here.” Sana says, standing right in front of her as she places a beanie on Y/n’s head.

Not just any beanie. It’s Sana’s beanie, the one Minha made for her, the one Sana kept wearing around all the time for some reason.

Y/n can tell Sana knows what Y/n is thinking about and god, Sana is standing so close, her hands gently fixing the beanie on Y/n’s head, and Y/n doesn’t know what to think or feel anymore.

“It looks good on you.” Sana smiles and Y/n’s heart hurts when Sana’s hands brushes her cheek as she lowers it.

Y/n forces herself to smirk casually. She tries to act the way she’d act with Lisa.

It’s not that easy, because she definitely (and thankfully) doesn’t have this overwhelming urge to taste Lisa’s lips whenever they’re together.

“Get in the car!” Hinata grunts before Sana can give him an answer.

And unlike Hinata told her, Sana doesn’t fight her for the passenger seat at all. She quietly slips into the back, and Y/n feels the urge to sit next to her, but she doesn’t have to guts to do it. She also doesn’t want to be rude and leave Sana’s dad alone in the front.