“Damn right I have!” Lisa laughs, pursing her lips when Y/n opens the door. “Hey, did you eat anything today? Did you take your iron supplements?!”

“Okay can you, like, calm down—“

“I’m just worried about you. You and that small beating muscle in your chest that pumps blood through your tiny body.”

Y/n turns around and leaves. “I hate you.”

“Call me, okay?!” Lisa shouts after her, Y/n turning around to shoot her an unimpressed look over her shoulders.

“I don’t do phone calls.” Y/n calls back. “Aren’t you my best friend? You’re supposed to know that kind of stuff.”

“Text me then!” Lisa rolls her eyes. “Asshole.”

Y/n laughs up at her and Lisa smiles, doing a bad job at hiding her frown before Y/n disappears.

Normally, Y/n would get anxious over Lisa’s behaviour, but not right now.

Y/n somehow feels like she has to do this.

Her gut is telling her as much, so Y/n just goes with it, hoping for the best.

-

Sana’s parents live three hours away.

The distance alone was nearly enough for Y/n to screw the whole idea, but then Y/n realized that the distance wasn’t really the problem; Y/n is scared.

She’s so damn scared that she’s looking for excuses not to do it, and she’s half tempted to call Lisa and have her talk out of it, but she doesn’t.

She gets into the car and just… drives.

-

And the drive is pure torture.

Not because of her horrible tinnitus in her left ear acting up from all the stress (which she tries to block out by blasting loud rock songs through the car) but because Y/n starts thinking.

Y/l/n Y/n should not be allowed to think. At least not when she’s alone for such a long time.

It’s like when you have a loose thread at the hem of your sweater, and you just start fiddling with it out of boredom, and then you start tugging on it and you can’t bring yourself to stop and before you know it, you’ve pulled out so much of the thread that half of the sweater is completely destroyed.

That’s exactly what happens to Y/n during the drive.

What starts off one of her familiar thoughts her anxiety sparks up, thoughts that have her worrying on her lower lip until the skin is bitten red and raw, ends up lodging a huge lump in Y/n’s throat, her chest heaving, panic rising in her whole body.

She knows she’s a lot better than she was a few months ago, she knows she’s made progress, but it’s like none of that matters anymore when it comes to Sana.

Because for some reason, Sana is always the exception, no matter in what kind of situation.

Right now, two hours into this drive with the sun already starting to set and her leg cramping and eyes watering because of the aircon, Y/n is back to being the Y/n she was when Sana and her met for the first time.

Y/n takes a deep breath and shakes her head. There’s no reason to freak out now. She needs to stay calm.

Sana liked the Y/n you were when you met. The thought comes out of nowhere but it makes her shoulders slump, the heavy tension there fading the tiniest bit.