If it goes on any longer, she’s going to combust into hundreds of tiny little anxiety specks and she’s pretty sure all of them are going to run to her help to clean the mess up so Y/n won’t have to do it herself.

Y/n sighs heavily and watches Chaeyoung press her stuff into her suitcase with her tongue sticking out in concentration. She remembers what Dr. Kang told her earlier, about being more honest to the people around her. That she should try and talk to them about her feelings instead of keeping all her thoughts to herself all the time.

Their parents are going to be here any minute, so this might be the best moment to get some things off her chest.

“Chaeyoung?” She gingerly asks, fiddling with the still unfolded socks in her hands. They’re embroidered with a bunch of dollar signs and they’re actually Y/n’s, but Chaeyoung’s been wearing a lot of Y/n’s clothes while she was here so she doesn’t really mind if she takes them with her.

“Hm?”

“I wanted to apologize.” Y/n slowly starts, awkwardly clearing her throat. “I haven’t been the best sister to you while you were here— or you know, since forever, really. I’m sorry for always being so… so cold and dismissive.”

Chaeyoung’s eyes grow impossibly wide and shakes her head furiously and she looks so stupid and adorable that Y/n almost wants to hug her. “Y/n, no! You’re not—“

“Wait, please just let me finish.” Y/n chuckles. “I know I’ve treated you badly. And you don’t deserve that. I’m sorry if I ever made you feel at fault for, uhm, the things that happened. I hope you know that I’m really thankful for having you as my little sister.”

Chaeyoung blinks at her for a moment before looking down at her lap. Y/n hears her sniffle but she patiently waits for Chaeyoung to look at her again. “I’m sorry, too. I feel bad for blaming you for the way you are. It’s not your fault you’re like that. Not that it’s a bad thing! I love you, no matter what.”

Y/n has to try really hard not to get up and leave her bedroom. She’s still new to this honest-talk stuff. Like she’s being plunged in at the deep end.

Like someone dropped her off in a foreign country with no money or directions as to where the next information desk is.

Chaeyoung presses her lips together and forces a smile, already looking accepting of the fact that Y/n will react the same way she always does—

The doorbell rings, announcing their parents’ arrival, and Y/n forces herself to get up so she can go open up for them.

But before she leaves the room, she kind of stops in the doorway, taking a calming breath before she turns around to face her sister again. “Hey, Chaeyoung?”

Chaeyoung looks up from where she was sluggishly getting up from the floor. “Yeah?”

“Me too.”

Chaeyoung cocks her head in confusion. “You too what—“ She stops there, her jaw dropping and eyes widening. “O-Oh.”

Y/n chuckles at the dumbfounded expression on Chaeyoung’s face but it turns into a soft smile when Chaeyoung gets up and timidly walks up to her.

“You really mean that?”

“Mhm.”

And then Chaeyoung jumps to hug her, hiding her face in embarrassment, grumbling when Y/n starts laughing. If it wasn’t for the persistent ringing of the door bell, Y/n would’ve hugged her back, but she opts for slinging an arm around Chaeyoung’s shoulders and pulling her towards the door to greet their parents.