Regrets

Please read the note at the end, something important.

Ava Romano.

Eyes strained to the least person I expected to be here, Mr Romano senior.

Enzo's father.

I stared up at him in confusion while slowly moving backwards in my sitted position, the sight of this man alone makes chill run down my spine. We were the only one in the room and there was no telling what he was capable of doing especially now I'm defenseless.

The last time I checked, he was left back in Italy tied down to a wheelchair but here he was, hovering over me like a predator wanting to tear up it prey. He was probably deceiving us all and I must give him the credits for that.

"W-what are you doing hear instead of I-italy" I asked trying to gather some ounce of confidence. A frown etched his face instead of the mocking chuckle I had expected.

"I found out Camilia is alive, I came here to check that out myself but couldn't because of the long awaited hatred which started all because of me, so I'm here" He stated offering a hand for me to get up, I shook my head not wanting anything from this man.

There was silence there after as a thought of a way to escape from the room, the only way out was the door and he was in my path.

"We need to talk"

I'd rather lick sand that pig has slept on than talk to him but I had no option.

"There's nothing to talk about, I'm not suprised you are involved in all this" I said as my back rested on the leg on a table, there was nothing in this room is could use in defending myself incase he tried attacking.

He sighed as I took in my every movement while I did the same to him. His skin was so pale with so bluish green colour, a long scar ran down from his left eyes to the corner of his lips which I knew he had gotten of recent since it was there when last I saw him.

His eyes was void of life, it was like he was tired of living.

My hand grabbed something hopes rising but it was diminished as soon as it came, it was a peeled banana wrap.

Just great.

"I am dying"

I paused trying to process what I heard as I let out a cough, the thick smoke coming from downstairs was entering the opened door.

"I am dying" He repeated a second time like I didn't hear him earlier.

My brain was trying to process what he had just said. The cerebrum was probably hoping my loved ones were sliver and fine while my cerebellum was trying to catch the lie in what !r Romano said.

"Dying?" I questioned. My fingers gripped the banana peel, if he got any step closer then he was definitely getting a slap on te face with the banana.

"My lungs is practically ruptured, the doctors said I have less than two weeks to live. I thought of all the wrong things I've done throughout my life, I wasn't a good father to my kids, I tried killing my wife and I threw you into a life you never wanted. The least I can do is ask for your forgiveness" He whispered the last part before falling on his knees, a tear slipped down his face.

To say I was stunned would be an understatement, this wasn't the Mr Romano I knew. It's not like I've gotten to know him personally but all that I've hears was enough to know it all.

I wanted to ask lots of questions, I wanted to know if the doctors didn't tell him he was to die soon whether he would have asked for forgiveness so I did ask.