Chapter 14: New Beginnings Again

Avery and Leo had spent their last few days in Ravenwood exploring the town and everything that it had to offer. Their summer was so busy with uncovering the secrets of the garden, they barely had time to just be kids.

Avery had ended up moving into Leo's house for the last few days, seeing as there was no longer an adult in the Ravenwood house to look after her. Avery was happy to learn that her and Leo's friendship was not just rooted in finding the secrets of the garden, they truly were friends.

But now her final day in Ravenwood arrived, and it was time to say goodbye. She was going to return to the city, away from the life and the friend she built here. Leo had promised to text and call, and to watch after the garden for her, but she still felt a sense of sadness as she packed her bags to leave.

"Are you okay?" Leo asked, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"I'm just going to miss this place," Avery admitted softly as she packed her last suitcase. "It feels like I've finally found a part of my family's past that I can be proud of. Now I have to leave it all behind."

Leo smiled at her, "You should be so proud. You and Eleanor broke a curse that had been haunting your family for generations. That's no small feat, and now nothing else will haunt your family. And you also gained a super cool friend along the way, which should be the best part of your summer by the way."

Avery let herself laugh and shake her head, "Oh yes, Leo, you were the absolute best part of my summer."

Leo beamed at her, helping her lug all of her suitcases down the stairs and into the driveway. Avery smiled as she followed after him, feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment. She had come to Ravenwood looking for answers to her parent's divorce and her family's past, which she found. But she had also found something unexpected - a sense of belonging and connection to her family's past.

She had never expected that she was going to uncover something this big, and she certainly never thought she was going to break a generations-old curse that had been haunting the Ravenwood family.

Avery's mom was waiting for her in the driveway, and Avery rushed over to hug her. Her mom laughed and held her tight, "How was your summer, Honey?"

Avery smiled and whispered, "Absolutely perfect, I want to come back next summer. And maybe a bit on holiday breaks too, if that is okay?"

"I think that will be fine, we can make it work," her mom smiled, brushing back Avery's hair. Together they loaded the car with her suitcases.

Avery's mom got back in the car and Avery gave Leo one last hug. She whispered, "Don't miss me too much, I will be back next summer."

Leo grinned and whispered, "Too late, I miss you already."

Avery smiled and pulled away, getting into the car with her mom. As they drove away from Ravenwood, Avery felt a sense of renewal.

Back home, Avery felt like she was seeing her old life with new eyes. She appreciated her family and her home in a way that she never had before. She realized that her family's past was not something to be ashamed of, but something to be celebrated.

She began to make changes in her own life. She spent more time outside, tending to her new mini garden in the city as well as the Ravenwood garden any time she could make the trip. She began to appreciate the beauty of nature, she started to pursue her own dreams, taking classes and exploring new hobbies.

And through it all, she felt a sense of gratitude for the journey that had brought her to where she was today. She knew that the garden and the people of Ravenwood would always hold a special place in her heart no matter what, but she also knew that she was ready to embrace new beginnings and create a future that was full of hope and possibility