Shu-Cluster

Oh, look, another story. This one's based on one of the quieter parts of the lore that I honestly found fascinating and I also just kinda wanted to mess around with sensory prose for a bit. Let me know what you think of my writing as it is now.
I don't own Beyblade Burst, all rights reserved to Hiro Morita.

Shu felt like the world was going to crash down on him.

Ever since his parents had put him in charge of the house so that they could deal with their business, his daily life had become a whirlwind of tedious, terrifying, and time-consuming tasks.

While Shu couldn't blame his parents, they did all this for his sake. After all, he'd eventually have to do all of it and even more when he landed a home of his own. He did find himself regretting how much his early life had become a cluster of good and bad.

The smell of his dirty, sweat-drenched clothing also came with the cavalcade of sweet, spicy, and savory scents of spices he found in the pantry when prepared to try (and often fail) at cooking. The dishes came out right, filling the kitchen with scents that would soothe the soul, only to turn rancid when Shu forgot they were in the fridge for too long.

The clatter of dishes running blended with the roar of the washing machine to create an orchestra's worth of annoyance as Shu tried to tune it all out and lose himself to the music he played from his phone to relax after a long day of shopping, yard work, and cleaning.

A lot of the time, Shu only found sanctuary in the warmth of a shower. The water trickled down on him as the steam permeated the entire bathroom, allowing the white-haired boy to finally lose himself and disconnect from the firestorm that was his life, only for him to snap back to reality when he remembered that water costs money. Money that he was less than happy to spend.

But beyond it all, Shu knew that he'd eventually get through it. As difficult as it was, and as much as dreaded it, the more he did it all, the more it would be second nature to him in the end. After all, it may have been a mess. But it was his mess, and he wasn't going to let it keep weighing on him.