Illèa Weekly: Opal Spar

"I'm Opal Delia Spar of Carolina, the same state our Queen is from. I love my two sisters and my three brothers, Maci, Lizzy, Kaden, Chuck, Jacob, and Mason! We're all a pretty big family, and we loved spending time together! I turned eighteen last week.

This dress is inspired as a stargazer lily. It's one shouldered, and the petals are long in the skirt. They split open, similar to a real flower, so the petals are each individual. Stargazer lilies are one of my favorite flowers, second to the magnolia and bluebell."

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

"I would love to go to Italy or France. They both have such rich history, not to mention the large elaborate structures built for the ancient monarchy and the current monarchy! It's amazing that everything has survived!"

What was your best moment with the Prince?

"Well, he knew I had a soft spot for cooking and gardening. He and I cooked a meal for ourselves and ate it in the kitchen. It was so much fun, and I loved it!"

What was your first kiss like?

"Well, it was a bit awkward to say the least! I was thirteen, and this guy I had a crush on took me to a school fundraiser, which was a carnival. We got knocked into each other on a ride, and he accidentally kissed me! We dated for a while, but stopped after a few weeks. We're still great friends, though!"

Why did you enter the selection?

My friends dared me to, actually. We were always one for sleepovers, so they helped me fill it out, and they picked out my clothes, did my hair and makeup, and took me to the town hall to have my picture taken."