Chapter 6

Tony was irritated, to say the least, just as he was about to give the girl the chance of her life, she runs off like a dog getting called.
But when they heard the loud hum from the engine of her plane, Tony almost lost his shit, and the only reason he didn't was the brunette boy sitting next to him.

"Sooooo.... A navy pilot huh?" Bruce awkwardly breaks the silence.

"I can't.  Believe. Her!" Tony almost yells,
"We are here asking her to become an avenger, and she runs off to A SUICIDE MISSION! Who would do that"

"Mr stark she has done it before when we hang out, it's just the type of job she has, I'm sure she didn't want to come off as rude" Peter defends her.

Tony says something between gritted teeth, and walks away, and once again they sit awkwardly, before Natasha clears her throat.

"So... Uh spidy her number?" It was clear that the uh she added was just a polite gesture. Peter opens his mouth to answer, but gets cut of by Tony storming into the room again.

"Kid! Give me the number to her boss" Natasha rolls her eyes, but keeps quiet.
"I don't have her bosses number, sorry?" He says confused.

"Fine, JARVIS get me the number to this Iceman person" it didn't take 5 minutes before Tony was calling y/ns boss.

---

The voice rang out in the plane, from the speaker. "Nightmare? Do you hear me?" Y/n recognized the voice of her father immediately. "Loud and clear sir!" She raised her voice to be heard in the headquarters.

"You visited the Avengers, am i correct" the power in his voice made her subconsciously straighten her back.

"Yes, sir" she heard him sigh over the phone. "Y/n please, enough with the sir and nightmare, right now I want a talk with my daughter" now it was her turn to sigh, "okay, dad. Your daughter here" he chuckled.

"The Avengers called Iceman, and they want to come to the headquarters, to present a deal to you, since you left before they had a chance to do so"

"Im sorry what? What deal?" Her voice went an octave lighter than she would've liked.

"How do they even have Icemans number? Even i don't have it" she followed up with.

"They have Tony Stark on their team i think they can get his number. And kiddo?" His voice got a fatherly ring to it at the last words.

"Yes?" Once again she was a little kid, and her dad knew something she didn't.

"I don't know anything, but i think they want you to be an Avenger" those words rocked her world so bad she couldn't believe it.

"Think about it kid, and have an answer ready, in case im right" he said ang she has never been happier for the autopilot on the plane.

"Im not a kid" was the only response she could come up with.

She heard him chuckle before the line went dead.