New Beings?

— NEW BEINGS? —

NEW BEINGS?

• ♤♤ •

"No." I denied, shaking my head widely before i stared at Magnus. I couldn't be. Well, i could, but denial was a sucker. "I can't-"

"Can't what?" Magnus said softly as he stepped away from me and went back to my husband's side. He began using his magic on Alec whilst also allowing himself to listen to me.

"I can't be a mother."

"You can."

"I can't!" I exclaimed, standing to my feet abruptly before walking towards the long mirror that was in my room. It also happened to be on the same side of the bed Magnus and Alec were on. I lifted my shirt up slightly and rested one hand below my stomach and the other just below my boobs, cradling the very very small bump. "How didn't i see this?"

"Someone wasn't using the proper covers." Magnus retorted with a grin and i glared at him. How could he be smiling?

"I swear-"

"You'll be a great mother, my little strawberry. Don't fret." Magnus did his small and elegant hand flicks and i went back to staring at my stomach in the mirror. I'm going to be having a child. I'm pregnant.

"Mag..." i trailed off as i walked around the bed and took a seat on my side of the mattress, my hand instinctively reaching out to grab onto Alec's. It was limp and he didn't grab my hand back and i felt my breathing hitch as i felt tears well. "I'm not prepared."

"No one ever is." He answered truthfully as he grabbed a bowl, some ingredients and a big thing to mush it all together. I frowned and rubbed circles into Alec's hand with my thumb, more so for my own comfort.

"Will he be ready?" I asked, now worried that Alec wouldn't want a child. It would stress him out more than it needs to, and i don't know if i could deal with that.

"Let's get him awake first, okay?" Magnus said and i nodded my head. Just as i did, the door opened and Izzy and Clary stood in the doorway.

"Has he been in there with Alec the whole time?" Clary asked and my eyes connected with Izzy's. I waved her to come closer to me but she held a subtle finger up to show i'd have to wait for a moment.

"He's the only reason Alec still has a chance." My eyes widened as i listened to my parabatai's words before they snapped to Magnus, daring him to tell me whether it was the truth or not. "But his magic can't last forever. Sooner or later, he's gonna burn out."