Where Art Thou?

— WHERE ART THOU? —

— WHERE ART THOU? —

●♤♤●

I stared out of my cage blankly. I had no fight left in me. I felt numb, like i was just existing for no reason. It felt like i was parylised, i couldn't move. My fingers would twitch, beginning the rest of my body to move, but i couldn't. Slow tears fell and i couldn't help but wish my father would help me.

"But you're an ass." I spoke to myself, my own voice was croaky. I prayed that my father would hear my words, feel guilty he was allowing such a monster to do this to me, but my body was tired. Fighting off the demon blood simply grew too much for it. I hope it worked. I hope i wasn't part demon or whatever.

It feels like the wards that surrounded this place would feel like a comforting hug...even if it would fry me to death. I stared at my bloodied shirt, from where the arrow had impaled my chest.

"Rea-" I slowly looked up, staring at the blonde in front of me. What was Jace doing, speaking to me? Why was he speaking to me? "I'm...so sorry."

"Me too." I whispered, feeling like i couldn't speak any louder. My dry throat wouldn't allow it. "I wish i knew you better."

"Rea, listen, don't give up. Not now. Not ever, please." Jace begged grabbing onto the bars of my cage. I wanted to stand, i wanted to give the blonde a hug, assure him i wouldn't give up, but i wanted to. I wanted so badly to give up, to let myself slip away once more, but this time...i wanted to welcome death with open arms. I wanted to feel its mercy, i wanted to see those shining gates of heaven...even if i'd go to hell.

"I-" I coughed a little, wincing at the soaring pain in my chest that ensued because of it.

"Verena Lightwood i swear to God, if you give up i will never forgive you or myself." Jace spat, and i felt my anger flare, but it wasn't enough for me to move.

"Jace Wayland..." I trailed off, and Jace shook his head. "I won't give up." I said determined. I shouldn't. I am Raziel's daughter, i am Alec's wife, i am Magnus' adoptive daughter, I am Clary's cousin...i'm Izzy's Parabatai...i had people to fight for. I needed to fight for them. For Alec. For Magnus. For Izzy. I had to fight, and i had to do it with style.

"We'll get out of here, alright? Just give it time." Jace assured before silence enveloped us. I realise now, that Jace isn't so bad.

"If we get out of here....we're gonna spend time together. Become besties, if you will." I said, and Jace smiled sadly at me.

"I'll look forward to it." And there, at those words, a sense of trust filled me. Jace was always looking out for Clary, but here, right now, he was looking out for me. He was trying to get me to move. He was trying to get me back on my feet. He cared for me, even if it were only a bit, but it was me. Not Clary. Not this time.