“Dude, you need to calm the fuck down, you’ll impregnate her just by looking at her at this rate.” Trent laughs as he catches me adjusting myself again.

“It’s the full moon, my Luna is ascending, and I get to tie the knot tonight, there is no way I’m not going to be sporting a semi all day,” I complain and Trent laughs slapping my back.

We head over to my parent’s house where I’m getting ready. My dad has finally come around, the fact that Genesis saved my life by bringing her pack doctor and nurses via jet had a big impact. And that I threatened to banish him if he didn’t get his head out of his ass. My mom just adores Genesis and won’t stop beating my ear about the time I’ve wasted. I try not to remind her that it was partly Dad’s fault but today is meant to be a happy day.

Half an hour before the ceremony we head back to the Moon Temple. The pack is already gathering, Genesis’s sisters are seated in the front. My family takes their seats and I head to the temple and wait alone for my Luna to arrive.

The ceremony is the most simple one there is of all the ceremonies we wolves have, it’s one of the reasons I went all out on the decor. I want her to remember this day, as brief as it will be, for the rest of her life.

Traditionally the new Luna enters with only one flower maiden of her choosing. Young flower girls are generally the choice as I guess Luna’s don’t want competition on their special day, they are a possessive breed. But Genesis is one of a kind. She chose Astrid.

As the noon sun peaks, a hush descends over the pack as Astrid walks out of the treeline in a pale green dress that flows over her long slender limbs, highlighting her emerald eyes. She’s stunning. As tradition dictates she scatters lupine petals along the path to the Moon Temple and then takes her seat with her mother and Aunts.

My heart beats like a herd of rampaging elk as Genesis finally steps forth from the trees. The lump in my throat chokes me as her beautiful blue eyes lock mine and the world disappears.

The white gown she chose is exactly her. Simple and elegant. Off the shoulder sheer flowing cotton cinched at her tiny waist falling over her generous hips to her ankles. Her chocolate hair falls in waves over her left shoulder brushing the swollen mounds of her breast. Her right shoulder and neck are fully exposed, displaying the beautiful swirling mark showing the world she belongs to me. It’s the first time she’s openly displayed it and I feel my chest swell proudly.

She is mine.

Her bare feet bring her to me. Each step closer I feel the strings of our bond tighten, the love and desire I have for Genesis overwhelming me.

Finally standing before me, the tension inside me is so tight there is no way every wolf present cannot see my hard-on. I don’t fucking care, this is how it is. We are wolves, we are primal and what the Moon Goddess gives us, we take.

And that is exactly what I do.

I take Genesis by the hand, pulling her to me, kissing her forehead lightly.

“You are so beautiful my love, I am the luckiest man alive,” I whisper.

“You’re not so shabby yourself,” she says smiling, and the appreciative glance she gives me, raking her eyes over my body, thrill me even more. She stops at the bulge in my pants and her eyes widen.

I smirk turning her to stand before me facing our pack, her back close against my chest, my hands resting on her shoulders. I gently stroke my mark with my thumb feeling her shiver before me.

“Wolves of Blood Stone. The Moon Goddess has blessed me with a mate worthy to be called Luna. I present to you Genesis Neo Highwater, Alpha of Crystal Moon. She has accepted me as her mate, she has accepted my mark.

I present her to you today as my Luna, as your Luna. I promise to love, honor, protect and cherish her as my soul mate, the other half of me.

Do you, Wolves of Blood Stone, accept my Luna and promise to love, honor, protect and cherish her?”

United resounding howls fill the air in irrefutable agreement and then as one they kneel before us, their Alpha and Luna.

I turn her to me and see her damp cheeks. She smiles happily as I lead her to the altar and the knife and bowl that await.

“Luna Genesis, my mate bestowed upon me by the grace of the Moon Goddess, I accept you as my mate and claim you as a member of the Blood Stone pack. Do you swear to abide by the laws of the pack, to stand beside me as my mate? To protect, provide and lead this pack, to cherish it as your own?”

“I do swear,” she replies as I repeat the words she spoke to me only two weeks ago that bound me to her pack making it mine. As I slice her hand and then mine, mixing our blood, I bind her to Blood Stone forever.

“Welcome Luna Genesis to Blood Stone.”