not herself

Pov Tara: 

It's been five days since everything went down in woodsboro. I'm currently in the hospital, still recovering from the very first attack. Sam hasn't left my side ever since that night and she keeps asking me if i'm alright which is pretty annoying, but i'm glad she's here. I'm sitting on the bed talking with Sam and from time to time I look over to Lia making sure she's still there. Lia is sitting in a chair in the corner of the room with headphones on and is listening to some music. 

"You're worried about her, aren't you?" Sam asks me looking over at Lia who can't hear us. "Look at her, Sam. She's not okay." I know Lia and I know this isn't her at all. She barely said anything since Amber died, she won't eat and all she does is just sit there and listen to her music. I'm concerned about her, ussually she's always talking and smiling, now she's quiet and sad. it just hurts me to see her like this, so broken.

I miss the old Lia, I miss her smile, her laugh, her touch and I miss her holding me. That's another thing, I tried to hold her hand but she didn't let me. She always holds my hand, she always says she shows her love by touch, because she finds it hard to talk about her feelings. it made me think that maybe she doesn't love me anymore.

"You're in your head again, Lia will be fine she's just grieving." Sam says whilst holding my hand. "What if she doesn't love me anymore Sam?" I wouldn't know what to do without Lia in my life. I know it sounds stupid because we've only been together for two years now, but I loved her way before we started dating. I never had the guts to ask her out but I liked her ever since I met her. "If she didn't love you anymore she would not be here right now. I might not know her as well as you do but I saw the way she looked at you, that is real love Tara." Sam is probably right i'm just overthinking this all. I'll be glad if i'm finally able to leave this hospital and start thinking about my future.

___________________

Two days later

It's officially been a week since the attack and today is the day i'll be released from the hospital. Not only am I happy about that but Lia has been doing a little better too, She would smile slighty when she saw me looking at her so that's good news. I was waiting on Sam to come back so we could leave, we haven't really spoken about where Lia is going but I think Sam knows i'm not going anywhere without her, so I guess she's just gonna have to come with us. 

Sam came back into the room with a smile on her face. "You guys ready to get the fuck out of here?" She ask us and I look over to Lia to see her smile she nods her head getting up. I didn't know what she was doing until she stood infront of me holding my crutches. "Thanks." I say with a smile on my face as I take them from her. 

we made it to the car and I sit in the backseat and to my suprise so did Lia. "We'll make a quick stop at your house so you can pack your bag and than we'll all go home." Sam says mostly to Lia. As she started driving I felt Lia carefully take my hand holding it in hers. She didn't talk but she doesn't need to, I know what she's trying to say. 

as we get to her house the car came to a stop and Lia got out. I watch as she hesitantly walks closer but she stopped a few steps away from the front door. We've been waiting on her for a few minutes now but nothing has changed. I'm about to do something ready to get out there to her. before I could do anything Sam stopped me. "I'll go get her, you stay here and sit back." Sam tells me before she gets out of the car and she goes up to Lia.

Pov Lia: 

I've been standing in front of my house for a few minutes now. I don't want to go in, I don't think I can with all the memories that took place in this house. I stand there frozen just watching the front door, when all of a sudden i'm pulled out of my thoughts by a hand laying on my shoulder. "Why don't you get back to the car and i'll go grab your stuff for you." Sam says and I shake my head "I can do it." I lie to her trying to be strong when I'm really not and I think she could easily see through my lies. "You don't have to, i'll be in and out just go back to the car."  I nod and slowly make my way to the car looking back to see her get into the house.

Once I was in the car I kept my head down not wanting to talk right now. I know what i've been doing the past few days isn't me, but it's not like anyone would really care, well other than the carpenter sisters. To everyone else in Woodsboro i'm the sister of the girl who went crazy. I can see the way poeple look at me and I can't really blame them. I don't even know why Sam and Tara want me to go with them, I don't know why they still trust me. It's not like I deserve it anyway.

I am pulled out of my thoughts as a car door closed and we start driving again. when we get to the house I get out opening Tara's door and handing her her crutches. We all walk into the house and soon after all went to sleep.