Chapter 3

"What are you doing?"

"I'm taking a break...we've been walking for a while now and I'm exhausted." Shirou glanced at the area they were in. The city is still quite far and it will take a while before they get there. For now, they will have to rest here in the desert. "I speculate that Androids don't get tired like humans do." He turned to look at A2 who shook her head.

"How long will it take for you to not be tired?"

"You really want us to arrive quickly don't you?" He exhales sharply as he sat tiredly on the ground, his back pressing against the giant rock as he winced. "Just...just give me half an hour." His wounded leg is holding him back. He stares at his right leg.

"Is it that damaged?" A2 noticed the gaze of the human as she followed it. She frowned at the condition and also wanted to hit herself at the stupid question. Of course, it's damaged heavily, he got caught in an explosion which wounded him. The best outcome from that was keeping his leg instead of it being exploded off.

"The damage left quite a toll on me. I haven't felt this slowed down in a long time. Taking a short break will help ease the pain I feel. After that, we can continue walking."

"At this rate, we won't get to the Resistance Camp until a while with you holding us back." A2 jabbed.

"Sorry that we're going at a slower rate than usual." Shirou frowned at his incompetence. It's because of him that he's holding the Android back. "I guess it can't be helped in the end." He shrugged. The directions in his life never go the way he wishes them to, they always end up the opposite. Such is his current circumstance, their destination is gonna take longer than it originally should.

"You're right...it can't be helped." A2 agreed with his words. "Which is why I'll carry you there." She claimed.

"... Carry?" He blinked at the android's words as he looked at her.

"The more it takes to get there, the worse your leg will get. If we're going to be taking breaks left and right due to your leg, we'll just be reaching our destination painfully slow." A2 huffed. "Besides... I feel like you'll be damaging yourself if you push your body."

"Wouldn't I be burdening you?"

"Both ways you'll be a burden." He winced at her truthful words. "At least one way will be easier."

"Even so, you don't have to waste your time on me. But I can't deny it will be faster...the real problem I think will be my weight, won't I be slowing you down?"

"Androids are strong. We were made to lift far more weight than humans can. Your weight isn't a problem for me. At best you'll be as light as a feather."

"Light as a feather huh? The more I hear about Androids, the more impressed I am." He commented. To think people will develop technology to the point where artificial beings not only resemble humans but are just like humans. "I appreciate your help, really—"

"You have no choice in this."

"Rejected instantly, huh?" He expected this reaction. But he thought it wouldn't hurt to try and see if she would change her mind. "Thank you for your help." He thanked and apologized to her.

"Are all humans this apologetic?" A2 couldn't help but think of how apologetic Shirou is.

"Nope."

"You know how to tick me off."

"Seems so."

"Let's just get this over with." A2 breathes out. "The sooner we're at the Resistance Camp, the better it will be for us."