The sound of Bells (5)

Start from the beginning

I smiled and nodded before looking at the door. She handed me my flowers before walking out the door with the other bridesmaids.

After a moment the doors swung open and the music started to play, my heart pounded in my chest as I put on my best fake smile.

Everyone stood up and turned to me. I heart started to pound faster as I walked down the aisle, my father holding my hand.

Once I made it to the steps to reach him my father let go. I looked up at the man before me. He wore a black suit with a white undershirt and a black bow tie.

He held out his hand for me to grab and I hesitantly took it. I stepped up the steps and stood right in front of him. His hands in mine. I couldn't look at him, I stared at the floor below me.

"Today we are here to unite Severus Snape with Y/N L/N," he paused as the people sitting clapped and cheered.

"If anyone objected, speak now or forever hold your peace," in this moment I'd wish someone, anyone would object. After a moment of silence he continued to talk.

"Do you Severus Snape take this women to be your lawfully wedded wife. To care for her, in sickness and in health, rich or poor. To honor her, love her, and comfort her. To have her and hold her in joy and sadness, for as long as you both shall live?" Every thing went silent as he looked at me, but only for a second. Our eyes meet for just a moment before we both looked away.

"I do," his dark voice vibrated.

Then the officiant turned to me.

"Do you, Y/N L/N, take Severus Snape to be your lawfully wedded Husband. To care for him in sickness and in health, rich or poor. To honor him, love him, and comfort him. To have him and hold him in joy and sadness, for as long as you shall both live?" my breath hitched in my voice.

I looked everywhere but in his eyes. It felt like the whole world was on the edge of its seat, waiting for me to answer. "I do." I muttered.

Cheers and clapping filled the Venue as the all stood.

"By the power invested in me, you may now kiss your bride," he cheered out. I froze when his hands went to the edge of my vail.

He slowly lifted it from my face and behind my head and looked at me. His left hand went to my lower back as the other cupped my cheek.

This is the part I wished we could skip, or did I? I loved the feeling but not in front of all these people. He pulled me to him by the waist as our lips locked.

He smelled like fresh parchment and he had a manly musk to him. His lips were soft as he kissed me. It seemed like it lasted forever before he pulled away from me.

I smiled a bright smile as I turned to the crowd, his hand in mine. My mother was sobbing tears of joy as my father rolled his eyes at her. We walked back down the aisle together and left, going to meet everyone at the reception.

When the doors closed I let out a big breathe and immediately let go of his hand. "Hey, are you ok Y/N?" Severus asked as we walked to the ball room.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly ok. I just married a man I barely know. Now I have to be in front of people all night acting like I'm the happiest person alive when really I'm not, far from it!" By the end of my rant I was shouted, and I didn't notice it.

I quickly shut my mouth and looked down. "I'm sorry," I muttered quietly.

"You don't have to apologize Y/N your aloud to be upset," he whispered. Without warning he grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the ballroom. "Where are we going?" I asked.